Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back into it after a very long break...

JayG60

Silverstone
So after 9 years of messing about with VW's again, getting married, having 3 kids, buying/extending a house and being busy with work I am finally back into 911 ownership.
My previous effort was a brief affair with a 964, attempting to use it as a daily and work on it at the same time. Learning my lesson, this time it is very much a second car and I intend to enjoy the process.

So what I have a bought. After much umming and ahhhing I decided the logical car at this point in time was a 996. After considering a few C4S's amongst others an unexpected choice popped up which was a 996nb C2.
Black with a Savannah interior it was a good base and once I discovered it was manual and specced up with LSD, MO30 and Sport hardback seats it got a bit better again for me.
So having just finished my new garage it was the ideal time to fill it, so a deal was done and its now happily sitting in the garage while I start going through the car.
Usual stuff has been done like IMS, clutch etc.. and a totally complete history back to original purchase gives me confidence in it.
I have only driven it home and am already smitten, so am looking forward to getting it checked over, detailing it and getting it out there...
I did know a few guys on this forum from my VW days so hopefully a few are still about...

Anyway here she is, but things will change...

Congrats - a very impressive 911... and an equally impressive garage I must say :thumb:

Looks great! Nice buy... I really like those early unadorned 996s.

ps your garage is tidier than my study!

Great Garage Jay, and the car looks tidy also. :thumb:

Looks cleaner than my dentist's office :sad:

Cool ramp too, you need to find the 'garage' thread and share the knowledge :feather:

Car looks cool 8)

2 questions:

1) What VW's :? Pics please too
2) What wheels are in those boxes :?:

I am guessing BBS LM/RS seeing as you're an ex Vee Dubber :thumb:

:welcome:

Evening all.
I am currently sat in the garage as I type with the car up on the lift as its an easier height to detail at :lol:
Have to admit the garage has been a big treat to myself after 20 odd years of lying on my back in the cold under my cars getting rust in my eye.
It's heated has a resin floor and now an ATH 3000 lift which I got sorted last week.
The wheels in the boxes are 20" Bentley Mulliners which I am selling if anyone is interested |:)|
My VWs consisted of a couple of MK1s and a Couple of Corrados. Some may recognise them... Some not.
The Corrado

The Mk1

The Mk4

Howdoo, might recognise my username from corrado forum. I too have seen the 911 way.

Looks like you got a nice one there, you must have a set wheels lined up for it?

Love the ramp, any details on it? How hard to install?

Looks like a great example, congrats!

Loving the garage :thumb:

Cheers guys.
Yes I do recognise your Coullstar, graham isnt it?
Funnily enough the car came from up your way.
I have just bought a set of wheels, but want to make sure they are right before I post too much up 😄😷

The lift is an ATH DSH 3000-2. Holes had to be dug and link pipes etc in advance. 3.5tonne capacity so should cope with the c2 ok.
Seriously nice piece of kit, well over the top in some ways, but I only ever plan on buying one! :D

Will keep posting developments... I have been doing this in the evenings this week....

Removing audio equipment. Nice stuff but I want it back to basics.. So it's all on eBay, but a perfect fit in a 996 boot if someone wants a nice genesis amp and 6 disc alpine changer

The rest of the time I have been doing this....

Jay - welcome, I'm an ex CF member and UK MkIV. You might remember my friend Gav Walsh who put you on to me for a Corrado rear silencer many years ago!

Nice garage - I remember discussing the build with you some time ago; the result is superb!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back