Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 GT, R & RS Video Thread

Pinched from Whytar (but I did apologise at least :roll: ) as I thought it may get/deserved a bigger audience here.

Never in all my days did I imagine that this brand name is not correctly pronounced

"AKra POvich"

Shurely shome mishtake?

Cunno said:
Nice noise :thumb:

Great videos :)

Why are the Australians only reviewing the GT3 now? Both those videos were posted this year..... do they even know there an RS and 911R :)

apollokre1d said:

Why are the Australians only reviewing the GT3 now? Both those videos were posted this year..... do they even know there an RS and 911R :)

:grin:

I know that the fashion and music scene are supposed to be a year or two behind over there, I guess it goes for motors too!

I thought this looks like good vid to watch and clicked play.

Up popped "Schmee" and I thought Oh no.

Then I thought I was being unreasonable, biassed, narrow-minded even. Give the bloke a chance.

Then, within the first minute of his mouth opening out came the words "straight six".

Does the word "schmee" have a slang meaning? If not I'd like to offer as a possible definition "the snot and other body fluid which dodges the handkerchief and hits the hand or the clothes when someone sneezes".

I really want to watch this video but I can't now. My loss I'm sure.

apollokre1d said:

apollokre1d said:

I know first customer deliveries of the GT3RS only began about 2 months ago, and the 911R... well, that's a 'late' 2016 car for Oz.
And these limited run cars are delivered in such few numbers down under that accessibility to a 'press car' is nigh on impossible, so these journo's have to wait until private cars get borrowed, or demand wanes. One of the liabilities of living at the 'ass end' of the world.

On the plus-side, we have some fantasic, uncluttered driving roads that you can actually exploit.

:thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
tikkathree said:
I thought this looks like good vid to watch and clicked play.

Up popped "Schmee" and I thought Oh no.

Then I thought I was being unreasonable, biassed, narrow-minded even. Give the bloke a chance.

Then, within the first minute of his mouth opening out came the words "straight six".

Does the word "schmee" have a slang meaning? If not I'd like to offer as a possible definition "the snot and other body fluid which dodges the handkerchief and hits the hand or the clothes when someone sneezes".

I really want to watch this video but I can't now. My loss I'm sure.

apollokre1d said:

There was a series of videos from last year during a euro trip when he collected this car from Porsche in Germany. He's not really good at reviewing cars other than pointing his camera at various bits on the car generally.

He has said that if he could buy one from Porsche he would do in a heartbeat. He also owns a GT4 currently.

He certainly makes money doing what he does though. He has a McLaren 675LT, a Ferrari FF as well and he's got a 675LT Spider on order which he intends to keep as well as the Coupe.

isysman said:
He has said that if he could buy one from Porsche he would do in a heartbeat. He also owns a GT4 currently. He has a McLaren 675LT, a Ferrari FF as well and he's got a 675LT Spider on order which he intends to keep as well as the Coupe.

And he is only 29... Fair play to him because he seems like a nice guy too. He make's me sick :)

Shmee.. can't stand to see his videos, they would be OK if he didn't insist on putting his face on them, he makes my skin crawl. He has a face for radio and the charisma of a mung bean.
I've tried to watch a few of his videos over the years but it's like nails on a blackboard, then he points the camera at his face and I have to click the close button.

He ran in front of me outside Goodwood a couple of years ago, I wonder if the world would of been a better place if I'd just squeezed the accelerator a little more, I may have even got a Nobel prize for services to humanity.

To be fair to the fella he seems to have made a living out of "broadcasting". I would agree that his videos would be sort of watchable if he wasnt in them but i think you have to remember most of his audience isnt old enough to drive yet. :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back