Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacing the Exhaust Tips 997.2 Turbo

Six speed

Trainee
Just wondering how straight forward it is to replace the exhaust tips on 997.2 Turbo?

Mine are pretty badly gone, tried metal polish, but just too far gone. Might be easier to replace and keep on top of them keeping them clean.

Six speed said:
Just wondering how straight forward it is to replace the exhaust tips on 997.2 Turbo?

Mine are pretty badly gone, tried metal polish, but just too far gone. Might be easier to replace and keep on top of them keeping them clean.

Assuming same as Gen 1, It's one bolt. Can be done without removing bumper. However, after being on for some time, they can be a pig to get off. However, taking them off is the only way to clean them properly!

Thanks, looking in to the replacement costs over £700 for the pair.. Ouch. I had it in my mind around £200.

Think cleaning them is the way forward!

I took mine off the other day- took a lot of persuading !! And bad language but they do come off. Bit of wd40.
As mentioned on another thread , remove and get them re chromed. £700' is
A rip off quite frankly!!

If anyone is interested in a pair of very slightly defective (slight cloud in resin on corners - not heat related) Kline CF ones - please see For Sale.

Attachments

• img_2711_133.png
    img_2711_133.png
    496.4 KB · Views: 960
  • img_2711_133.png
    img_2711_133.png
  • img_2711_133.png
    img_2711_133.png
I paid £70ish to get mine re-chromed, look great but still would love the Kline ones!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back