Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlight Restoration

Ursa911

Looking to get my headlights restored as they are cloudy and a friend of a friend gave me a number local to where i live.

Just had a chat with the guy who can fit me in tomorrow for a price i'm pleasently surprisedwith but wodnered if anyone has had dealings with them? Company is - Fox Detailing of Hildenborough in Kent http://www.foxdetailing.co.uk/headlight-restoration.html

Seems like a decent bloke but doesnt hurt to ask before letting someone loose on my P&J

It really isn't a difficult job to do, a £20 kit from 3M and an hour of your time will give great results :thumb:

UrsaMinor1 Have a chat with him if he is going to remove the lights from the car, cut them back then bring the clarity back, followed by a coat or two of clear coat lacquer and finally a high gloss polish then that's the correct way to do it. I would expect you to be paying somewhere between £100 and £150 depends on location eg centre of London. I paid £100 plus vat and was very happy with the outcome from my guy in Bournemouth.
There is a huge difference between this process and the DIY kits which are OK but because they are not clear coated after, the fogging/haze will come back.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back