Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paul Walker's daughter 'sues Porsche' over fatal crash

isysman

Paul Walker's daughter 'sues Porsche' over fatal crash

The daughter of the late Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker is to sue carmaker Porsche over the crash in which he died, US reports say.
Walker was a passenger in a Porsche a friend was driving when it hit a pole and burst into flames in November 2013.
US media report that a wrongful death case has now been filed by Walker's daughter Meadow, who is 16, alleging the carmaker took safety shortcuts.

Porsche has not yet publicly responded to the claims.
After a four-month investigation, police said the Porsche Carrera GT, driven by Walker's friend Roger Rodas, was travelling at 94mph (151kph) in a 45mph zone when it hit a lamp post.
The lawsuit contends that the car was travelling much slower when it went out of control, according to TMZ.

The website, quoting legal documents, says his seatbelt "snapped Walker's torso back with thousands of pounds of force, thereby breaking his ribs and pelvis," and trapping him when the vehicle caught fire.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the document claims the car lacked "features that could have prevented the accident or, at a minimum, allowed Paul Walker to survive the crash". Meadow Walker has not commented.

Mr Rodas' widow filed a similar case last year, but Porsche said the crash was his fault, rather than down to design flaws.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34387471

Clearly very sad for the daughter, who is being badly advised. Have Porsche not been here before some years ago and successfully defended against the widow of a driver who died in one on a track day?

Sue the family of the guy that was driving, if anyone. Had the car been doing the speed limit, they would not have died.

Unfortunately it's an American reaction, "let's sue them!" It's not going to bring him back and it will just make the hurt last longer than it needs to as they have to hear testimony of what happened in gruesome detail.

What a load of tosh!

That's like suing the manufacturer of the bullet that killed you. I suppose the driver was innocent and not to blame.

Reminds me of a friend of mine, who didn't stop at a give way crossing and ploughed into a taxi 3 times over the limit when he was in his teens.
He totally denied it was his fault, stating that it was the alcohols fault.
Police said - 'how do you work that out?' as to which he replied - 'if I was sober, I wouldn't have done it'.

:nooo:

pzero said:
http://www.itv.com/news/2016-04-05/judge-porsche-not-at-fault-in-paul-walker-crash/

Next will be a civil case.

alex yates said:
What a load of tosh!

That's like suing the manufacturer of the bullet that killed you. I suppose the driver was innocent and not to blame.

Reminds me of a friend of mine, who didn't stop at a give way crossing and ploughed into a taxi 3 times over the limit when he was in his teens.
He totally denied it was his fault, stating that it was the alcohols fault.
Police said - 'how do you work that out?' as to which he replied - 'if I was sober, I wouldn't have done it'.

:nooo:

They could sue the drivers parents - had they not had him, then he wouldn't be there driving...

She has more money than brains.
Waste of time taking on a big corporation. Even if a court upholds in her favour, Porsche will file an appeal that will go for months and years until all possible appeal routes have been used up. By then, she will be bust, but Porsche won't be!

Dim wit.

Unfortunately the 'sue civilization & culture' is growing strength in numbers.
Do you remember when an individual won a case against McDonalds for not emphasising or displaying 'Caution Hot' on their drinks cup.

It makes my blood boil when I read nonsense court files. Get a life, stop ruining others, above all else grow up and contribute to society not line the pockets of lawyers.

Apologies now for being blunt, the courts should be made good use of by genuine good & decent citizens or businesses.

In this case, had it been a design flaw which ended their lives I could understand. I suspect had they killed a little kid racing the car in the built up area the shoe would be on the other foot. Filled with headlines Actor and friend kill child racing hyper sports car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back