Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie with some questions

gregdaisley

Hi all,

First off... Hello! I'm Greg, an aircraft engineer from Oxfordshire and I've just collected my 2011 Cayman (2.9l) in Carrara White, I'm absolutely loving it! I have lots of subtle modifications that I'd like to make, however, I am seeking some advice on certain tasks.

So the get started, having come from a 2013 Mercedes C-Class coupe with all the bells and whistles, I'm missing certain features... In particular, the excellent headlights. I appreciate the fact that Mercedes headlights are brighter than the sun, but they do make driving at night much more pleasurable, so I'd like to upgrade from the dull yellow standard units in my Cayman. I am wondering if I will require a full "HID" kit or just the replacement D1S bulbs to a higher Kelvin (K) temperature?

Secondly, the LED strips adjacent to the front fogs... Is there an option to make them daytime running lights? Would this require a software tweak at a dealership or more likely to require a wiring modification?

Finally, I find the manual gearbox linkages rather loud and ever so slightly sloppy, so I'm looking at installing a short-shift'ing mechanism. What are your thoughts? I will be installing myself, if you have any tips on doing the job from past experience, please share!

Any advice is most appreciated.

Regards,

Greg.

I can't help you with the other stuff. But the short shift is excellent!! Such an improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back