Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 quieter exhaust options

Thanks, spoke to Tim at ACT, they've used their 997 design for a 996 before (there's a thread on here about it) although that car had a non-standard exhaust with round tips that made the fitment easier

I'm going to send him some photos to see if fitment to a standard exhaust is possible....if not maybe there are some aftermarket silencer exit pipes that have round ends?

Not sure I'll need this extra silencing but good to do some research!

adbett said:
Thanks, spoke to Tim at ACT, they've used their 997 design for a 996 before (there's a thread on here about it) although that car had a non-standard exhaust with round tips that made the fitment easier

That's mine, in honesty it's not a good idea on the 6GT as the ACT design takes the 997 centre exhaust and disperses it outwards. On the 6 version I have it actually merges the 2 outlets. End result is not significant enough to justify cost, it won't guarantee getting you through a noise test.

ahhhh, I see your point....it's going to bring both exit points together...

photo2-2.jpg

Off the car before fitting but you get the idea, 2 large ends over round exhaust tips and silencers merging to centre.

Hi Guys!

I saw the thread and hope I can help out!

At Kline we also have special tailoring system, which means we can tailor exhausts to certain specifications. The 997GT3 system we have made for Cunno was also special tailored :thumb:

Adbett, in your case I am very confident we can achieve a refined and quiet system. We can make special design silencers for ultra quiet and use 300 cell HJS motorsport cats. This system will be stronger than your oem unit.

Here is a picture of a recent 996 Carrera system, similar to GT3 design.
I will make some maths and PM a price.

Attachments

• img_0341_772.jpg
    img_0341_772.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 1,409

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back