Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

X51 'Style' Sumps

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Priced one up 2 weeks ago and it was £143 plus VAT.

Was it for the one listed by Stuart (996 107 243 40)?

Thanks.

Are there real causes for concern tracking a 996 with the standard sump?

Y2K said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:
Priced one up 2 weeks ago and it was £143 plus VAT.

Was it for the one listed by Stuart (996 107 243 40)?

Thanks.

It was.

As regards the tracking Q - if you are at all concerned it's not a lot of money for peace of mind.

^^^^ Thank you. Great price; I'll get it fitted when the car is due for a service in June.

Jk said:
Are there real causes for concern tracking a 996 with the standard sump?

No more than a "normal" car, and the X51 is but a half way house.

The true track-stars run dry sumps (whether Mezger or 991 MA1)

There is some chancer trying to sell some on eBay for £400 each....... :nooo:

Y2K said:
Hello poppopbangbang,

Which option did you go for in the end?

I was looking at the D911 kit and found this thread. The 'X51 oil pan' mentioned by Stuart above looks similar also.

I'd like to protect the engine without losing too much ground clearance, as mine is a road car first track car second.

Not planning to use any sticky tyres (probably at most Michelin Super Sport, but most likely PS2).

Thank you.

Sorry I've been flat out at work recently so not been on much. Mine has the D911 X51 style "deep" sump on it which drops ground clearance by about 20mm. It's done 30K or so on this without a problem and the baffle design is a straight copy of the X51 baffles in a slightly deeper sump, hence more oil capacity.

X51 sump is cheaper but standard oil capacity. As mine does A LOT of miles having an extra half litre onboard is worthwhile.

I'd have expected Autofarm to know how to spell PEACE OF MIND.

Piece of mind? WTF does that actually mean? :?

poppopbangbang said:
Sorry I've been flat out at work recently so not been on much. Mine has the D911 X51 style "deep" sump on it which drops ground clearance by about 20mm. It's done 30K or so on this without a problem and the baffle design is a straight copy of the X51 baffles in a slightly deeper sump, hence more oil capacity.

X51 sump is cheaper but standard oil capacity. As mine does A LOT of miles having an extra half litre onboard is worthwhile.

Thank you very much!

Y2K said:
poppopbangbang said:

Thank you very much!

One thing to note is the D911 X51 style sump is made by FVD in Germany, who also sell it under their own brand. It's a very nice bit of kit and is machined from billet with what look to be a copy of the X51 baffles in it (no bad thing as copying an OEM tested design is the best way to do it in 99% of cases).

This is it on FVDs page http://www.fvd.de/de/en/Porsche-0/9...stem_FVD20798801_Oil_pan__FVD_Motorsport.html

5b33bf9a2c995f00.jpg

bcfda9ae23bf6b37.jpg

I would have got it straight from FVD at 395€ especially as I could order it through work but they were out of stock when I had mine in bits!

Having used my car on circuit A LOT I've never had any issues with oil pressure, I have an EVO4 logger so generally have a bit of a glance over after a session to make sure it's had nothing bad going on with it, using Pilot Sports and Ohlins it's certainly not a track car on slicks but can pull some respectable lateral G. I think really this is all you need on a road driven, occasional track car.

Nice :D

Attachments

• coffee_table_161.jpg
    coffee_table_161.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 7,077

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back