Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Home Built Hot Rod (Video Build)

Up to video 9 so far...
Brilliant story and fantastic skills shown. I'm saving the rest of the videos to enjoy a bit at a time.
Thanks for sharing :thumb:

Not at all!
Really interesting project. The only part that made me shout "Noooo" was when you started to sand down the roof without masking off a contamination zone to stop the rest of your massive garage looking like a winter wonderland :grin:

Top notch restoration project and a very high degree of craftmanship. :worship:

Absolutely superb. :lol:

DRZ911 said:
Top notch restoration project and a very high degree of craftmanship. :worship:

Absolutely superb. :lol:

I wish I had more skill to get everything 100% perfect with bare metal, but I have to learn to walk before I run ;)

Here are some pics for those who can't watch videos at work.

Panel gaps are looking good. Almost ready for paint.

I am also looking for an engine for this build. I have a 2.7 that needs rebuilding, but something a bit more interesting would be good below 3.4 litres. If anyone has anything squirrelled away for a rainy day let me know.

Jeff.

Impressed with your can do attitude , you're a inspirational guy, im up to video 10 and supposed to be working ! ...i will enjoy the rest later after work . thanks for posting :thumb:

Gotta say Jeff I'm loving this! I'm looking forward to seeing if you do the paint yourself or have it done elsewhere?

If you're doing it yourself I would be very interested to see the equipment you use and the amount of prep work which goes in, along with the effort needed to get the finish right.

Might sound a bit geeky but it might give people (me) confidence to have a go themselves :wink:

Keep up the stellar work dude!

:thumb:

:agree: really enjoying watching your progress when I'm supposed to be studying :)

ragpicker said:
Gotta say Jeff I'm loving this! I'm looking forward to seeing if you do the paint yourself or have it done elsewhere?

If you're doing it yourself I would be very interested to see the equipment you use and the amount of prep work which goes in, along with the effort needed to get the finish right.

Might sound a bit geeky but it might give people (me) confidence to have a go themselves :wink:

Keep up the stellar work dude!

:thumb:

I am definitely doing the painting myself. The only thing I can see myself farming out, is the machining of the engine case, etc, as that is not a DIY type job.
I even plan on buying a sewing machine and doing my own leather interior retrim. It is another one of those things I have never done, so why not give it a crack. How hard can it be? (Famous last words)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back