Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin pilot SS

ineresting read, thanks.
Does this mean we all stay with Pilot Super Sports, or go to the new Pilot Sport 4? assuming you like Michelins to start with :?:
And correct me if i'm wrong but the speed rating is greater on the PSS and less on the new PS4?
what are the best alternatives on a Turbo??

I will be trying the PS4 very soon on my E36 M3. I will report back.

MC

I have a Porsche, what tyre should I fit?

- When in warranty, Michelin can only recommend fitting N rated tyres. Once out of warranty, consult sites like TyreReviews and internet forums to find what is working well with the community. Work is always continuing with Porsche at OE level, so more and more fitments will hopefully follow in time. :?:

Hhhmmmmmm... what was that :?: the car suddenly won't fall off a cliff out of warranty by not wearing N rated tyres.
Nice of OEM to clear that fact up. So the tyre manufacturer may have just opened themselves up to a law suit by not backing Porsche 100% with the continued use of N rated tyres at all times, whether in warranty or not.

I'd of written 'We do not advise the use of a tyre without a N rating. However if the owner uses their own discretion to not follow our guidance we have a range of tyres with properties that may be of advantage in other circumstances than the vehicle was designed for, for example on use with a track circuit '.

Watch this space.

anyone gone from Pilot Super sport to the new pilot sport 4???
please report your thoughts

ive got some ps4 on their way from germany. cant comment on them vs earlier michellins tho as i have pirelli p zero for now. lets see how these new ones look!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back