Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 ownership thread

Personally i prefer the look of the original rear lights, its an old car and doesnt suit the newer style lights imo. Looks a very nice condition car, enjoy

Great looking car, the 996.1 is just such a clean simple shape.....it really does have a lot in common visually with the 60's cars :thumbs:
Your car has nice spec, good colour combo, wheels, dash of carbon, sports seats, I would maybe change the steering wheel to the three spoke item but not essential, think I'd definately change the rear lights to the smoked/clear porsche items......

Look fwd to more pics when you pick her up, exciting!

I'd never really noticed the steering wheel. Do they normally come with 3 spoke wheels?

I agree about the rear lights. I'm going to hold judgment until I see them but may change them to standard units in the future.

sackerley said:
I'd never really noticed the steering wheel. Do they normally come with 3 spoke wheels?

I agree about the rear lights. I'm going to hold judgment until I see them but may change them to standard units in the future.

They take about 10 minutes to change over if you don't like them I have them on mine and love them and think they look even better at night (can post a pic if you'd like?)
I'm sure you'd be able to work out a deal for a swap with oe lights with someone that would be looking to go the LED route if you did want to change :thumb:

Car looks great, welcome to the 996.1 owners club. I had the same steering wheel on my 1998 Boxster as you. The 993's too, I have three spoke on my 996 which is much better but still suprisingly thin compared to more modern cars and the clubsport on my 3.2.

996lee that would be great if you could post a nighttime pic of the LED's. Much appreciated.

I've had a quick look at the cost of a genuine 3 spoke wheel... Near enough £900 at Design911... Ouch! I think the 4 spoke will be fine for now! Although I have to agree that they do look better.

Here you go buddy :thumb:

Day

Night

And think they match the 3rd brake light nicely

They look really good, thanks for putting them up. They do match the 3rd light really well, is that standard?

Those LEDs look so much better than the stock lights, finishes the back nicely Lee. I think the 997.1 stock lights look dated let alone the 996. the LEDs freshen it up without going OTT. :thumb:

Yes buddy standard 3rd brake light :thumb:

@phil my thoughts exactly :thumb:

Think I will change mine to the led ones .Were is best to order from ?

Attachments

• dectane_9972_style_505.jpg
    dectane_9972_style_505.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 6,884

Attachments

• img_4899_780.jpg
    img_4899_780.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 6,889
I have just heard from the dealer that the car will be ready for pick up on Saturday! Its currently having a full paint correction, ceramic coating etc following its service and few bits and pieces sorted. :thumbs:

I've got my Insurance sorted with through Classic Line - they gave a far better quote than anyone else.

Now I need to book my train. A 4 hour trip to Oxford... it sounds a drag but... I can't wait for the drive back!

Great stuff m8 - don't forget, lots of piccies please and a write up of your drive home. We need a full description of how wide the smile is on your face.

Osh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back