Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 ownership thread

Osh - 100% I'll be posting pics once I've picked her up!

Mavster - I'm not sure about the steering wheel. I know the carbon was fitted after. Its not on the spec list I've got from the dealer. I can't imagine how much that little lot cost!

Halcyon - Yeah, i can't wait! The wait is due to a few cosmetics things I wanted sorting, plus theres a few things popped up on the PDI. Unfortunately the garage is closed this week for Easter. A little gutted but it gives me more time to get my garage sorted.

mavster said:
Very nice. Like the Tips and the LED's. They make the car look more contemporary/ current, liking the interior also. Is that steering original ?

That steering wheel is standard on the early 996s. :thumb:

Car looks great though - the carbon works well with the black interior and the lighting on the rear shot makes it look like a wide-bodied version. :)

It only has the basic speaker and stereo package though, which is underwhelming to say the least.

sackerley said:
Yeah, i can't wait! The wait is due to a few cosmetics things I wanted sorting, plus there's a few things popped up on the PDI...

I'm going to getting my 1st 911 in the next few months so i hope you don't me badgering you for your experiences! :-D
What popped up on the PDI? did you manage to get any negotiation on the price?
I really like the rear lights too - they really "modernise" the back end :)

Halcyon - Not at all :)

I've not got the full PDI list yet due to the garage holidays so I can't answer that yet. I should get the last on Tuesday so I can give more details then. They said lots of fiddly things, clips, some seals etc. nothing major or mechanical. The car recently had the IMS changed, and a new clutch fitted, along with a few other bits.

No negation on price, but they have said that they will have it in top condition for when I pick it up. They sound very thorough so I'm happy to spend (maybe) more to get it fully sorted.

Part of me wants to change the rear lights back! I'll see how I feel when I get to see it properly.

Congrats buddy :thumb:
Same exhaust tips as mine which I'm 99% sure are oe
Liking the carbon interior parts 8)

yummy yummy gen 1 goodness :thumb:

Re: 996.1 ordered... with pics

That first picture captures the beauty of the 996 for me really well. It can be less than photogenic at times but that's the car I see every day when I look at mine. Perfect form and function.

That looks to be a lovely example 8)

I always like to think that having the original audio system is a nod towards the previous 'enthusiast' owner preferring the engines soundtrack :thumb:

Thanks for all the thumbs up!

I feel very privileged to be able to own a car like this. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I love the simple lines of the 996.1 - a few years ago I didn't think much of them. Its strange how time changes how you feel about things.

Jezgreen911 - I like that the stereo is standard too. If I ever did change it I'd get something more in keeping - Becker or a Continental etc. That said I'd like to think I'll be listening to the engine more!!

That car does look really mint. I have to say that Maundrells know how to take a good photo. I am not keen on the 4 spoke steering wheel but that is an easy fix (three spoke Momo 7). The car looks in superb order, great colour and spec (manual, carbon, sunroof) and I think it looks like a sensible purchase. Yes it is a couple of thousand more that it might be but, it has low miles, has had an easy life by the looks of it, and with a new clutch and imsb it should be bombproof. If you run it as a weekender you will have zero depreciation over the next few years I suspect also.
Good luck with it and post some snaps when you get it into the great outdoors.
Cheers
Rick

Very nice! I too think the 996 lines are gorgeous (maybe biased), and believe they will get better with age.

Segart - I have to agree with you there. I know I'm paying top end for this but it does look very well looked after, and a good sensible spec. I'd like to think it won't depreciate much at all.

I almost bought a 964 a few years ago, when they where going for peanuts. How silly do I feel about not doing that now! I'd love to think good 996's will go the same way. heres hoping!!

Halcyon - Yeah, i can't wait! The wait is due to a few cosmetics things I wanted sorting, plus theres a few things popped up on the PDI. Unfortunately the garage is closed this week for Easter. A little gutted but it gives me more time to get my garage sorted.[/quote]

Nice car (biased as I have a 996.1 myself!) and the silver colour looks really good on those wheels...

I live near Maundrell and would consider them when I eventually change my current car - interested to know what the buying experience was like, their vehicle prep, plus where you got your PPI done?

Cheers

Misterw - You have good taste too then ;)

So far the experience has been great. They've been very response over questions and sending over information. The prep sounds like its going to be of a very high standard. I'll reserve judgment, but I'm optimistic.

They carried out the PDI themselves. I would have preferred an indy but it appears to have been very thorough and again I'm optimistic about this too.

When I pick the car up I'll be posting more about the car and my experience etc

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back