Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's the best brake pads?

DennisCS

What is the best brake pads for fast road and a few track days and trips to Nurburg?

I was thinking of going for ebc yellow or blue? Any other recommendations?

I like / recommend.........

Ferodo DS2500 Front Brake Pads For Porsche Boxster (987) S 3.2 2004> FRP3051H

but others say Performance Friction are better - I have not tried PF myself though.

Mike

The best pads that I've run for actually stopping are Carbotech XP8, but they're pretty aggressive and need some heat. I also liked Carbone Lorraine RC5+ (easier to modulate, but still squeaky). I have Ferodo DS2500 in my other car right now, and they seem fine but could use some more initial bite. I'm not a fan of EBC but I know several people running Yellow without issue.

None of this applies to a 911, so I'll be having a chat with one of the independents for a recommendation when the time comes for new pads: what I have learned is that some pads just don't work with certain cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back