Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Puncture rip off

Smogy

Today my wife took her VW to a well known nationwide company who fit tyres. She had a large nail in the tyre and I thought a repair was doubtful. I took my porker to meet her and we were told that she needed a new tyre as the puncture was too near the tyre wall. Fair enough. I asked for a replacement tyre and was quoted £189!, I explained that I bought 2 last week for the rear wheels online for £130 from another source. The guy explained that was the price, I went on their company website and booked bought the same reaplacement tyre for £113! I asked why the £76 difference only to be told it's delivery costs.... I nearly peeeed myself laughing, £76 quid to deliver a tyre? Surely they have to deliver the same tyre to the garage regardless ???
The chap in the end agreed to fit the tyre the same day instead of me having to come back and make an appointment due to the online booking. What a rip off, beware of the pitfalls gents.[/code]

Had similar experiences, they don't like it when you use your phone in front of them to go on line and buy the exact same product supplied by them and fitted by that branch for £60 less than the price he quoted you 2 mins earlier, and as it was in stock I was offered instant fit online. so same bloke then had to go out and do my tyre for £60 less, the power of the internet at work. :thumb: :bandit:

Even worse, I had to load the kids and wife into the porker whilst I sorted out the new tyre fiasco. Double pain, rip off garage and seeing the Darling wife driving off in the porker :sad:

infrasilver said:
I've been to one of these places in the past and the fitter has suggested I go online and book work and they will carry it out whilst I'm there.

+1 same here, it was rather odd but i thought nice of the chap to suggest it!

Your visit in the Porker possibly hiked the price :D

Never send wife or girlfriend into those places unless they are really savvy. My local village garage passed a car on it's MOT. Advised that two tyres were getting close to limits the lady owner went to a major tyre supplier who informed her that she needed new rear shock absobers and showed her oil leaking from them. Surprised at this she returned to the village garage who found that oil had been squirted up the sleeve of the shockers!!

Some (major) tyre repair/replacement companies do take the pi$$ with women customers unfortunately.

My wife paid for a full set of winters for her 4x4 and came away really pleased that she had managed to get £20 off each tyre. I took a look at their website and she had been charged over £200 more than their advertised price! Went back to them and they refunded the difference with apologies for the 'technical' error.

Always worth checking.

Let me guess....Kwik Fit?

Name and shame!

My wife always makes me take her car for that type of thing, she recon's the tyre fitting companies are the last bastion of the ultra sexist blokes.
She has never been to spearmint rhino :floor:

rigsby99 said:
Never send wife or girlfriend into those places unless they are really savvy. My local village garage passed a car on it's MOT. Advised that two tyres were getting close to limits the lady owner went to a major tyre supplier who informed her that she needed new rear shock absobers and showed her oil leaking from them. Surprised at this she returned to the village garage who found that oil had been squirted up the sleeve of the shockers!!

Rigsby, that's outrageous that the bloke from the garage squirted his oil up the ladies sleeve! ! Some people have no morale fibre! :whistle:

kwik fit...owned by ford I believe
and I never take any of my vehicles to large tyre places....little man for me
my local bloke down the road...........always the most competitive....copper slips all the threads torques the wheels and any probs bring it back

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back