Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

IMS upgrade date on a Boxster 3.2s

mzmini

Hi all I looking at a couple of cars one is 62 plate 981 Boxster and a car very local to me a 2006 Boxster 3.2S that I just stumbled upon . I don't have IMS paranoia but would like to find out if the 2006 3.2S has the uprated bearing or is it still fitted with the smaller one
many thanks
cheers MZmini

If a 981 is up for consideration then that has got to be the way.

Hi Kas 750 the 981 would be nice, I did ask if on offer would be welcome and the dealer said not at the moment and the car was right on the top end of my budget so may have to look at the 897 :dont know: its only for the wife :floor:

The 981 is a quantum leap from previous models in my opinion.
If I was in your position I would be pursuing the 981.

Ive loved the Boxster since i first saw one .. a 986 .. ive watched them get better over the years.

The 981 is the pinicle .. it has the looks and the drivability to (imho ) make it the best .. you dont have to get a high speced version to get the best car , push the budget i say :)

In answer to your question though i think 2006 was the change over point from small to large ims nut .. others here have posted exact details on the subject but i can find the post im afraid.

Thanks and unthanks :hand: Demort I have to agree that's my gut feeling just not keen on parting with money bloody hard got to and bloody easy to blow I keep seeing the 981 on the drive in my mind I can live with that , the problem is that is HER car will be better than mine :x
thanks for the comments :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back