Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DA polishers ?!

Pad and compound combo may not be suited. Also a squirt with a pad conditioner while working will stop it drying out if temps are warm. Once the pad is primed well I find you need to keep adding very little compound each time. Just my 2p... :thumb:

Why did I move from rotary to da !

Seems I've messed up really , I was lead to believe a da was a step forward in technology, I thought da was a rotary that oslolted as well ,, didn't realise they were a novice device ,,

Lots of pro's use da's - they're not novice devices per say. The way they work mean it's less easy to cause severe damage to the paint as you're less likely to go through it with a rotary device.

If your using a large pad and a slow speed setting it will stop spinning a lot easier than a smaller pad and higher speed setting.

What speed settings do you tend to use?

I have 2 different rotaries and 2 different D/A's, all have there place and I would not want to be without any one of them as they all have jobs they do better than the other and vice versa.

Cheers
Bruce

Rockunrolla said:
If I place it on the bonnet and remove my hands holding only the wire , the weight of the machine almost stops it spinning ?? :x
That's not right for sure.
I have DAS-6 Pro and on speed mark 3 with a pressure it still spins as it should, i will need to fully press it in for it to stop it spinning.
I will suggest sending it back as of a warranty and see what they say, there is no way it should stop with little pressure.

Love my swirls free paintwork ;-)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back