Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear - 1st Fiasco

kp964 said:
Prime example right here, what type of car he is driving has fuk all to do with anything !, im sure he is suffering enough , as the families will be as well .. "obviously"!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-disaster-pilot-spotted-driving-Porsche.html

Agreed. Whether he is / isn't responsible, it was an accident. Horrific. But an accident. This is trashy reporting (I can't bring myself to type 'journalism') at its height and personally I loathe it.

I guess we're all bit 'Victor' from time to time*

tumblr_msisnjNVrT1rcygb3o2_500.gif

but the comments below the story, as Isysman points out, sadly illustrates why such a market for this sort of 'Crowdrage' crap exists :nooo:

*I confess I too can suffer from WCOSDFA 'West Coast of Scotland Direct Feedback Affliction' on occasion...... :oops: [/img]

New996buyer said:
but the comments below the story, as Isysman points out, sadly illustrates why such a market for this sort of 'Crowdrage' crap exists

Surprisingly practical in places, mind you :

"Something modest, perhaps a Ford or a Vauxhall family saloon, might have been more proper in the aftermath of the Shoreham fireball tragedy. Alternatively, the Daewoo Matiz is a well-packaged five-seater mini MPV which offers useful load capacity combined with better looks than rivals such as Toyota Yaris Verso and Suzuki Wagon R+."

:?

spiderlane said:
Surprisingly practical in places, mind you :

"Something modest, perhaps a Ford or a Vauxhall family saloon, might have been more proper in the aftermath of the Shoreham fireball tragedy. Alternatively, the Daewoo Matiz is a well-packaged five-seater mini MPV which offers useful load capacity combined with better looks than rivals such as Toyota Yaris Verso and Suzuki Wagon R+."

:?

:? indeed!!

05ee864c501ef925fb0b130515f465cf3ff5e1f8ad2a2ee82ae5aac11955e152.jpg
:thumb:

Palladium said:
So a bloke in a car drove like the clappers and did some skilfull doughnuts near the cenotaph, wow, what a non crime.

We live in an odd society, full of fake sensitivity and pretend indignation.

I just cant see it, I really cant, why don't people shut the ***** up and show some concern for real issues.

Exactly. The Centotaph spends 24 hours a day surrounded by buses taxis and people picking their noses. So what? Get over it? We all respect those that the Cenotaph stands for. Yes it is the usual indignation from the easily offended but this mells more of a publicity stunt which is worse inho!

alex yates said:
The argument was along the lines of they wouldn't have done this in a cemetery, so they shouldn't do it here.

This top gear is gonna be the biggest anticlimax ever. Everyone already knows what's gona be on it.

My biggest bug bear so far... I don't want to know all that is being filmed. I don't want to hear Chris Evans promote it on his breakfast show. I want to sit down and watch it as a surprised viewer.

Oh and for Chris Evans - the ultimate ultimate control freak - to claim no knowledge or no power to veto is risible. He is a master of content because he overseas every tiny detail. He is never hands-off. ever.

As for the incident this past weekend. My 8year old daughter provided an alternative perspective: "This is not global news dad. The queen didn't die. A princess didn't get married. The BBC doesn't need to tell the whole world."

Perspective peeps. :)

isysman said:
kp964 said:
Prime example right here, what type of car he is driving has fuk all to do with anything !, im sure he is suffering enough , as the families will be as well .. "obviously"!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-disaster-pilot-spotted-driving-Porsche.html

I hate this kind of trash journalism. So after the accident he should only drive a Fiesta? Did you read the comments underneath that story?

Yes ,like this ..
Andy Hill, who miraculously survived the incident in West Sussex, was seen behind the wheel of a blue £40,000 Porsche Boxster on the same day it was announced that this year's show was cancelled
Miraculously survived the incident !!!! as though "he should be dead" !! if he had died they would have come up with some other *****... £40,000 Porsche ! , so if the car had been £39k that would have been ok then ?, how about we make it £35,995 ... Just makes me want to hide away in my own little world, this garbage is actually a insult to the people who were killed IMO.

Desperate publicity stunt thats done what it set out to achieve....get everyone talking about Top Gear

This new format will be a non event, total car crash (no pun intended)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back