Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ignition Lock Fault

67Mustang

Unfortunately my '06 Cayenne has the 'Ignition Lock Fault' warning on the dash (followed by 'Brake Proportioning'), which I understand from online searches is almost certainly caused by blocked AC or bulkhead drains, allowing water to enter the footwell and corrode some of the wiring. A search on the forum didn't throw up anything on this specific issue.

This unfortunately means that the car cannot be started, but I have at least managed to successfully release the transmission out of 'Park'.

At the risk of asking a really daft question, presumably putting the shifter in 'Neutral' or 'Drive' will allow it to be moved/ winched on to a flatbed to transport it to the garage? I tried giving it a bit of a push (on my own) last night in 'Neutral', but it didn't seem to budge at all. It's obviously a very heavy car and it's sitting in a bit of a dip in my driveway, so it's difficult to tell if the wheels will actually move.

From speaking with the Indy that I use (in Glasgow), this seems to be a fairly common problem with Cayennes and they now always clear the drains of debris when they have a Cayenne in for a service.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back