Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The bargain performance car thread.

There was a time you could buy a nice E36 328i Sport for under £2.5k... they are fantastic performance cars. Lovely sonorous engine, superb handling and decent build quality inside. Again, rust is an issue.

Not in the same performance league as that Benz though.

I blame that ludicrous 2009 scrappage scheme (aka send UK taxpayer money to far eastern car manufacturers) for the premature end of some great cars like that. Well, that and crap german corrosion protection...

I never had a rust issue on my CLK (2000) between 2011 and 2014. Body work was excellent. My mate has a 330ci sport and I do like that - shame it's not a tad quicker :lol:

New996buyer said:
alex yates said:
I know Paul, but I felt the need to post in "other performance marques"

:thumb: :grin:

Oops......sorry........... :oops: :coat:

As an old boss of mine used to say - "never apologise....it's a sign of weakness" :lol:

No apology required mate - you are 100% spot on :thumb:
All derivatives of the 996 are this decades biggest bargain in the performance car world. Nothing even comes close when it comes to ticking the boxes of:

German build, quality and status.
High performance vs. running cost.

......and this forum just puts a cherry on top of 996 ownership :D

:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back