Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911R coming....

@FZP good spot that looks very interesting. Wonder if it will be normally aspirated. For sure they didn't develop a new 6 speed manual only for one car. Plus they will probably stick a picnic table on the back of this one too.
Fair to say that the GT2 RS is aimed slightly more at the track visiting customer when compared to the R?
There were 500 units of the 997 GT2 RS so maybe a similar figure for this one?

ms2015, very disappointed about the R.

On the 918 way out of my league, one of the attractions of the R was how subtle the car is, just looks like an other 911 to those who don't know. Similar to my M5, just a BMW.

I registered my interest and paid my deposit early October and was the second interest registered and first deposit in Glasgow. I ordered mine with the single-mass flywheel so will have to wait until September. This will be a great addition to my last great manuals collection. I have a manual Ferrari F430, a manual Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 and a TVR Sagaris. Before you all start worrying, I drive all my cars regularly March-October including track days. So this one at least will get driven. I regularly attend Tartan Tarmac and GT Scotland events, so come see it late September, early October.

No paddle shift. Good to hear you are local to Glasgow and use the cars. Are you going along to the classic launch tonight? Well done securing the car. I was really keen to get one of these to have long term along with my 993RS (at Glasgow tonight) and my 911 E that is having a full restoration. I also have a manual Defender as part of my manual collection. :D

tp81. I won't be there tonight unfortunately as my flight doesn't get in until later. Would have been nice to see some classic Porsches, including yours. I'm planning on attending the Boxter 718 preview in April and have promised the guys I'll take the Lamborghini; weather permitting.

It must be the Glasgow OPC page. I got the call this morning telling me that I am not getting one :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Tom, easy to assume that you are Tom Paterson ? I am Fraser Towers, we met at a lunch in Glasgow a few years ago if you remember and we do not work that far from each other. If I make it tonight maybe we can catch up.

Personally I think the policy of building just 991 cars is poor and really do believe they should add another 1000 or so. They will all sell. This is the first modern Porsche (left in stock specification) that ticks all of the boxes for me.

The alternative might be a GT3 and take the rear wing off.

Who will this p*ss off, no one, only those who are looking to buy the car and then flip it. They shouldn't be sold the car anyway.

It's no secret Volkswagen are having a bad year, surely an extra £130m revenue would be beneficial. Look back in history, the 1973 RS was originally supposed to be a run of 500 cars, these all sold out in 1 week, Porsche then produced a second series and ended up with 1560 or 1580 cars being produced.

Go on Porsche, do the decent thing. :thumbs:

TP81. I certainly wouldn't mind, especially if it is true that only 30-40 are coming to the UK. The new GT3 will be available with the R's six speed but I wouldn't take the wing off without adding the R's rear diffuser or you will lose too much downforce.

They won't do it. I just don't understand the logic regards the small numbers

Shameful way to mange it TBH.

They should either do it on a strictly 'first come' basis or a la Ferrari 'invite only' basis.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back