Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

please help me ID this dusted beauty

papi79

hello Everyone,

this is my 1 post on this forum, hope not the last. Sorry for my english.

My friend on his trip to France and Italy met a local, who is owner of this 911 from pictures. He said its from 1976, he is second owner and possibly could sell it. I cannot find any photos in www with the same configuration = carrera + 76 + targa + rear wing(spoiler) + side indicators(blinkers) on fenders .. All the 911s i found was missing one or two of this elements.. Its not carrera 3.0 obviously, maybe its just carrera 2.7 but still no photos, sell offers in www with the same specyfication. Maybe my friend didnt fully understand the owner and its not 76? If U id it please tell me what in you opinion is the value price of this 911? I dont know what price to offer whitch will be safe for me becouse of future costs to put the car in great shape. Owner said he was last driving it 3year ago and i it was 100% operational but i dont know if he was true. best regards

Attachments

• zdjaecie_6_118.jpg
    zdjaecie_6_118.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 22,047
  • zdjaecie_4_199.jpg
    zdjaecie_4_199.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 22,047
  • zdjaecie_3_157.jpg
    zdjaecie_3_157.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 22,047
  • zdjaecie_2_203.jpg
    zdjaecie_2_203.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 22,047
  • zdjaecie_5_176.jpg
    zdjaecie_5_176.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 22,047
Welcome Papi, I hope you get the information you are looking for and decide to restore that car. it's always good to see a 911 getting a second life. :thumb:

thanks :) i want to precise and be well understood - i want You guys to help me to define exact model of this 911 and estimate its value. My english is very rusted.. regards

it has an SC steering wheel, but says Carrera on the back.

I think its a 1980s 3.2 Carrera targa. I think the ariel wasn't on the 3.0 or the sc, and I have never seen an SC without the SC badge.

Good luck.

thanks for the tip. By SC "badge" You mean a model sign(mark)? on the back? I dont know what You mean by "ariel" (angel??) :(

thanks again. The interior is different with this 88. Look at the stand(base) of the gear stick. regards

papi79 said:
thanks for the tip. By SC "badge" You mean a model sign(mark)? on the back? I dont know what You mean by "ariel" (angel??) :(

YES your correct the 88 has a different storage by the gear shifter

Yes Badge = SC model insignia
Ariel = radio antenna :thumb:

while viewing photos of the carrera traga from the 80's i've noticed that the carrera bagde is black colour on the as the back glass seal - in "my" 911 both are silver and the carrera sign is little bit lower.

although its possible its not silver or chrome but black + dust + photo lamp flesh..

Fairly sure that's an SC steering wheel and it's not a 3.2 engine judging by the Airbox. Looks like a 3 litre engine to me.
(I've owned a 1988 3.2 targa and a 1979 SC)
Also has cookie cutter wheels which were more on the earlier cars. An '88 3.2 would have come with 7 and 8 inch X 16 inch Fuch, but they could have been changed of course.
That rear wing isn't standard '88 3.2 either.

I'm thinking a 3.0 litre carrera maybe...

Does it have option stickers under the bonnet in the front compartment?

Good place to ask would also be on www.impactbumpers.com - also plenty of knowledgable people on there.

Hope that helps :)

thanks! i'll ask there also. Do You think it's might have been crashed and rebuild from parts of different model years? (again sorry 4 my english)

hello again. "stickers under the bonnet" - i understand only "under the" :/

Under the front carpet in the boot there should be a metal tag with codes on:

The information on the VIN plate will tell you what car it is.

Attachments

• image_582.jpeg
    image_582.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 21,846
Very interesting. Speedo looks like its from a pre '74 era and the 5-blade fan lends me to think this is a '75 - '77 3.0 (possibly 2.7) car. I'd plump for first of the '75 generation targa but with some left-over parts from previous era. :dont know:

Either way very desirable and if the engine runs and there isn't too much corrosion I'd be looking at £15k. You could however have to spend the same amount to carry out a full restoration

Antenna is for an early car telephone

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back