Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cooper Zeon Tyres Anyone?

ragpicker

Now before I start, I'm open minded enough to think that there might be life outside of the usual tyre choices, matching sets and N ratings. In fact I haven't used N rated rubber for years and im still alive having done tens of thousands of miles at speeds up to 200mph.

Given this, how's about a thread about alternative rubber? The kind that would make the 'N rated only brigade' lose sleep for a month!?

My fronts are looking a bit worn on the inner edges so I thought I'd look around. I came across these https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/cooper/zeon-cs-sport/235-35-r19-91y-146556 the other day.

The write up looks great!could they really be that good for the price? On my mini I run Fed 595RSR all year round at £75 a tyre! They truly are tremendous tyres for the money.

Anyone used these Cooper fellows? If so, are they any good? At the price I might even have a go and if they are crap just bin them.

Any other alternative suggestions?

I need 4 tyres this month. New continental sport contact 6 looks fantastic , about £680 fitted which is over £110 less than MPSS

You have to wonder whether these cheaper tyres are any good for our cars . These get good reviews for instance. Just £118 for 305 rears ?!

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/uniroyal/rainsport-3/305-30-r19-102y-132208

I wouldn't want to compromise the performance , driving experience to save a few quid , but equally I'm not getting hung up on N rating :eh!:

Keep in mind those Uniroyals are designed for wet weather performance and comfort, so you might lose a bit of dry weather grip.
Not the best looking tyre in the flesh if I'm being completely honest.

Exactly!

I mean, don't get me wrong I've got my own horror stories about ching-a-ling chinese tyres suddenly losing grip in the wet, but the tyres mentioned all have good reports.

The cooper ones have A rated wet grip which has got to be an improvement on my part worn front Contis.

:?:

I think I'll give em a go and report back! After all if they are good enough for David Coulthard.....

Like you say... you can bin them if they are she-ite.

Just don't bin the Porker trying to find out

:bonk:

Cooper bought out Avon tyres a while back.
I really rate Avons, had them for years on cars and bikes
Avon tyres are really well thought of in car racing.
I would want to do some more research, but they look like a re-badged Avon.

Has anyone noticed how the price of tyres has dropped over the last 10 years - I used to have a 993 C4S and remember paying £900 for a set of Pirellis. Recently purchased a 996 with 18's, and pleasantly surprised to see Bridgestone O2A at £85/141 and MPSS at £134/113. So for me these are really reasonable.
I always had Bridgestone on my bike but never on a car so was planning to go that way...
http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rs...brand&Transport=P&dsco=110&rsmFahrzeugart=ALL

This'll run for a few pages. :grin:

I'm a big fan of Goodyear Eagle F1's. Been using them for years on all the cars I've owned. Currently have the AS2 version on a 996 C2. AS3's are out now but I still have plenty of life in the current set so will be a while before I can try them out.

Excellent bang for buck. The AS2's were around £480 fitted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back