Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A short film on my 993 GT2 rep

budflicker said:
isysman said:
NXI20 said:
isysman said:
I hope your YouTube channel isn't monetised, people get upset if you are making money out of it on here! :D

Not sure if serious :?:

Either way, it's not my channel; it's owned by Fox Interactive & I'm not privy to how they fund it.

Tongue in cheek following another thread recently. A guy posted his video and was greeted with quite a bit of abuse because he dared to post a video that was on a monitored channel.

Great looking car by the way. Looking forward to my own car being completed.

Isysman are you hard of thinking or 13?

Nobody had a go at JWW because he was making money from youtube, more a combination of the fact he and his videos are egotistical, materialistic, vulgar displays of wealth with no real input with regards to the actual car and are aimed at teenagers with all the "hey check this out guys, its epicly insane"twoddle going on.

Then you add in to that that his second ever post was to dump this drivel on us and then never to return which is the part I objected too with regards the monetisation.

With all that in mind I think it frankly pathetic that you would even put the OP's GT2 video in the same breath as that other ***** from JWW especially when you consider the OP has nearly 3k posts.

In your opinion. My comment was a joke. :roll:

Great video Nick.

One of a handful of cars that could tempt me out of my GT2 that is, sounds a lot like my car in the cabin, all drivetrain noise and turbos... love the GT2. :worship:

Brilliant vid, Nick. Enjoyed that :thumb:

OMG I KNOW SOMEBODY FAMOUS

:grin:

Nice one Nick, great video - make sure you somehow sneak Roxy into the next vid!

:thumbs:

Great video.

I've not seen you for a few years Nick, but you just do not age.

Nice one, Nick. 8 minutes of my life that I didn't mind losing.

Hope the other 993 owners didn't see the car on wet roads!

:thumb:

Daniel said:
Great video.

I've not seen you for a few years Nick, but you just do not age.

At my time of life, sadly that's about as good as it gets :grin: :thumb:

Thanks for all the compliments guys, but the real stars are the videographers who shot it all & have edited down what must have been a couple of hours of video to 8:23. Charles did a nice job too & we all had a good time doing it, even if the weather & terrain were somewhat on the challenging side.

All I had to do was show up with the car & blather on a bit 8)

I enjoyed it nick and well done. Car looks fantastic and the attention to detail is sth else.

Roads looked a it challenging as did the weather but fair play foe getting the car out and getting it seen.

Enjoyed that :thumb:

NXI20 said:
Have I devalued a Turbo or created a usable GT2?

Well - as you may recall, I originally thought that you should have left it with the Turbo body... Until I saw it finished. Oh how wrong I initially was - I just utterly love it as it now is. If I won the lottery, I would make you an offer. And you would I am sure rightly turn it down. :thumb:

Cheers guys, I'm glad you like the car as much as I do. No negative comments so I'm definitely feeling the love :thumb: :lol:

PS
Colin, it would need to be a very large number to pry it away from me but when you've won the lottery, we can talk :D

I think you get to a point where a car is just taken in its merits rather than if it's 'real' or not. That's what I'm hoping for with my conversion. I personally don't care, I just want it to be a stunning as the real thing from a aestetic point of view. Like this car:

A) real
B) replica
C) stunning machine!

Yours falls into category C as well.

IMG_4634_zpseb2c91ed.jpg

IMG_4636_zps5326e945.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233