Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Y2K's arctic silver 2001 C2 3.4

Y2K

Hello,

I'm new to Porsche but have been a fan since I was a kid. My 'real world' dream car is a GT3 (obviously) but unfortunately my bank balance doesn't agree. So last week I picked up, to me, the next best thing: a 2001 Carrera 2 with factory fitted Aerokit. Everything is original apart from the Dansk exhaust.

I really wanted an Aerokit car and was lucky to have found one with GT3 alloys and M030 sport chassis. With the optional sport seats the car is pretty much my ideal specs except for 'sunroof delete' and LSD, but as you all know those options are rare.

I have not driven it much yet thanks to bad weather so I'm looking forward to drive it properly. Anyway a few pictures:

IMG_1341_27.JPG

IMG_1316_27.JPG

IMG_1332_27.JPG

IMG_1297_27.JPG

IMG_1330_27.JPG

IMG_1336_27.JPG

IMG_1299_27.JPG

IMG_1284_e25.JPG

IMG_1282_27.JPG

:)

My other car is a Honda Integra DC2. It's a bit rusty and it's pink but it's mechanically sound, dependable and fun to drive. It's a superb driver's car and I love it.

_JJJ5269e27.JPG

:bye:

Weight loss details for reference:

Total removed so far (2nd June 2016) = 13.492kg

2 x Porsche rear floor mats - 0.87kg
Rear low speed impact bar plus fixings - 2.937kg
Rear seats plus fixings - 9.685kg

Other parts weighted:

Carrera wheels vs GT3 wheels saving - 10kg
FVD oil sump - 1.767kg
Rear centre carpet - 2.255kg

Stunning!! Congratulations, lovely motor!

coullstar said:
Did you used to have Corrado? Nice looking car and good spec.

Yes! I just posted on your threads cos I recognised your name! :)

LMP_0548_25.JPG

Nice car and well spec'd. Seeing your down South hopefully I will get to see it up close at one or another of the events this year.

:welcome: to911uk and to 911 ownership

She's certainly aged well for a 15 year old car.

The esteemed 'GT4' of this parish formerly had a same vintage, similarly aero-kitted car and coincidentally also supplied by Lindbrook/Tonbridge OPC.

Nice looking car, welcome to the club

Nice looking car. Good to see another red rice burner too.

MC

:welcome: That is a very good looking car and as others have noted an impressive list of factory options.
Love the aerokit btw.

I see your in Hampshire, I'm in Fleet.
But what's the location? Lasham?

Hopefully we'll get to meet during the forthcoming summer.

Looks great. Well done and congrats.
And welcome!

Yuk, what a horrible looking car :D

Only kidding, looks cracking, but then again I might just be biased :lol:

Lovely car OP!
I always said I wouldn't buy a 996 without the Aerokit but I got impatient and everything else on mine stacked up. I'll definitely be gathering the parts over the next year or two though. I like the simplicity of a non aerokitted car but with the kit and split rims they're on another level visually.

Enjoy!

Nice integra too. Had an EP3 type R once but didn't gel with it. Would be fun for track only mind. Will get back into trackdays in a couple of years I hope.
I miss Cadwell Park.

Cheers everyone. I was lurking for a little while when I was researching for 996; great forum and plenty of good info for newbies like myself.

I'm at the outskirts of Southampton.

@Marky I'm pretty sure I've seen your old red GT3 at one of the PH threads. I might have even seen it in the fresh; did you head up to Scotland in Sept 14? Our group drove past a red GT3 and he was a PHer. Could have been a different person though! :dont know:

Will you be using Brookspeed in Eastleigh ,they are my indy of choice. As your only 25 miles away and I have a business in Southampton so I am sure we will catch up at one or another meet. :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back