Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 suspension - M033, M030, renewal choices etc

I have a set of 030 to fit to mine, can you use existing dampers or do you need to change them.
I also note that changing the wishbones has appeared from nowhere, are they different lengths for the lowered look?
Cheers,

You will require new shocks if you were previously running M029

Dooser said:
I have a set of 030 to fit to mine, can you use existing dampers or do you need to change them.
I also note that changing the wishbones has appeared from nowhere, are they different lengths for the lowered look?
Cheers,

If you are running original dampers you are almost certainly going to notice a huge improvement in the car's handling if you change them to something like Billy B6's (fast road , light track) because of the deterioration of the old ones (miles and age) plus the originals were basically 20year old technology before they went on the car!! The aftermarket suppliers units are streets ahead of these, and if you use new standard Porsche units, they are still basically the same spec as the originals. In my decision-making process ,I discarded that option as they were not brilliant, even when new. Your wishbones are fine on the usual 5-10mm above RS height, however whilst you are in there get them re-bushed, I used pollys on mine as after you get the old ones out, they are an easy fit, and relatively inexpensive.If your bushes are worn it will be impossible to set the car up properly, therefore a total waste of time and money! One of the most important things though is getting the car set up afterwards by someone who really knows these cars, I used CG, they are brilliant :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back