Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

While you're in there...and prices

ras62

Hockenheim
After deciding to get the fan and surround coated I decided to take the inlet system out for a clean etc. One thing leads to another in that small space, I removed the 6 inlet stacks and found one badly cracked and 3 others with small cracks where they bolt down. All the rubber connectors where well swollen and passed their best so time for some prices to replace a stack and the rubbers. One 964 stack £43+vat and the rubbers about 10 each. Now we see Porsche pricing policy at its finest. The stacks for the 993 which will work fine and are almost identical cost....£13 +vat each!! So 6 new stacks ordered with new rubbers.

ras62 said:
After deciding to get the fan and surround coated I decided to take the inlet system out for a clean etc. One thing leads to another in that small space, I removed the 6 inlet stacks and found one badly cracked and 3 others with small cracks where they bolt down. All the rubber connectors where well swollen and passed their best so time for some prices to replace a stack and the rubbers. One 964 stack £43+vat and the rubbers about 10 each. Now we see Porsche pricing policy at its finest. The stacks for the 993 which will work fine and are almost identical cost....£13 +vat each!! So 6 new stacks ordered with new rubbers.

Top work Rob!

Hey Joe, how you getting along with time travel in the 997?

Not a lot to show for all the work done really, but it looks about as good as it's going to get and I'm pleased to have rectified a couple of problems with the inlet leaks.

Attachments

• motor1_121.jpg
    motor1_121.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 3,737
ras62 said:
Hey Joe, how you getting along with time travel in the 997?

Not a lot to show for all the work done really, but it looks about as good as it's going to get and I'm pleased to have rectified a couple of problems with the inlet leaks.

I'm already in summer 2016 ;-)

That looks mean in graphite grey Rob :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back