Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flop Gear

Alex

I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that Evans and MLB caused a traffic jam when they broke down whilst racing Reliant Robins from (iirc) London to Manchester

I really hope they're not trying to copy the sort of stunts that the 3 amigos used to do. :nooo:

I'm looking forward to the new show as there's so few motoring programmes on TV but over the last couple of series I found myself watching the old TG (50% in f/fwd mode) in about 20 minutes.

Problem is that TG formula was uber popular. Why wouldn't they seek to filollow same recipe?

I watched part of an old one this week, I'd forgotten how overly "managed" they were, and also what a complete d*ck Clarkson really is/was. It had become the Jeremy Clarkson show, and was obvious as he frequently bullied and talked over the others on the show to get his way.

My only feeling about the new one is that Evans has an even bigger ego to satisfy, so could easily become more of the oh so boring same. I hope the new presenters get a chance to be themselves, and deliver something different. If it's exactly the same, I'll switch off.

Shan't be watching the new Amazon one, no way. I'd be happy never to hear Clarkson's oafish utterings ever again. Even his advert on TV seems to indicate he hasn't learnt anything from it.

These tabloid stories are usually nonsense. 'An insider' is the source. They make up anything they want because the others will always deny and the paper doesn't have to prove it's true. Like the one about Evans getting car sick, so what? It's all bollix. Looking forward to seeing the new show especially now that Monkey Harris is onboard.

It will be interesting to see what the finished product looks like - love it or hate it, TG was hugely popular and 'familiar'. It's always difficult to return with the same name to the same audience.

Hopefully it is new, different and worth watching.................... :dont know:

T8 said:
I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that Evans and MLB caused a traffic jam when they broke down whilst racing Reliant Robins from (iirc) London to Manchester

I really hope they're not trying to copy the sort of stunts that the 3 stooges used to do. :nooo:

I'm looking forward to the new show as there's so few motoring programmes on TV but over the last couple of series I found myself watching the old TG (50% in f/fwd mode) in about 20 minutes.

Corrected that for you.
:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back