Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Drilled discs ?

KP964

My car needs new brake dics on the front , does anyone have any recommendations on cross drilled discs , advice on which ones i should get , just keeping the standard callipers etc .. what are the sports discs like from Design911 ? , will they chew standard pads up more than a normal disc ?. Thanks Keith

Hi Keith,

I've read several tales of the Zimmerman branded drilled discs cracking, I believe that the Brembo ones are better in this regard. Maybe dimpled/grooved would be a decent compromise?

kp964 said:
will they chew standard pads up more than a normal disc ?. Thanks Keith

No, the holes are in to dissipate heat, water and gas (yes gas from chemicals used in pads). They help the brake pads improve friction and thus less wear.

I replaced mine with Sebro sport discs (drilled) from Euro Car Parts about 18 months / 4,000 miles ago. I changed the pads to Hawk HP 2? 'Can't remember' which ones exactly.
No problems so far and its nearly always spirited driving.
I think Sebro brand were something to do with oem at some point, which is what initially attracted me to them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back