Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cornering Masterclass - Saturday 10th October 2015

See you all tomorrow - I'll be travelling up in the morning.

Just washed the car - polished the exhaust tips - hoovered the carpets - polished the glass - Sad I know, but I'm ready to go.

Just got to go and get some petrol and give the brakes a dry :)

Another fantastic day from Colin, Paul and Jo at CAT! This really built well on the first Performance Driver day the four of us did in the Spring, and added in a serious amount of trail braking and (deliberate) tyre squealing. Around the steering pad in a 993, it was almost like I was in CAT's caterham. It felt really "connected". Applying that to the handling circuit and then the alpine loops was another step up in skill. Difficult, but equally rewarding when got right! The "competition" to get the most consistent (not fastest) lap times on the handling circuit nailed what was most important about the day. Many thanks again to CAT, and I'd seriously encourage any 911 owner to do both days! Great also to see Jcbaldock (most consistent by a country mile!), Millomboy, and Mr Pub again. Anyone up for the drifting course next year?

I agree with what Nik said. Really think I am starting to get somewhere and understand what the car can do. Well done Jon on the consistency test. To only have a difference of 0.22 seconds over three laps is mightily impressive. I was pleased to be under a second. To answer your question Nik, yes I would be interested on the drifting course. Thanks again to the CAT team and the great company.

Thanks Colin, Paul and Jo for another great day! It really built well on the previous course. Although we started with trail braking last time, spending more time practicing it really made it hit home how big a difference it makes to how the car feels through the corners. Others on previous courses have said it, but the money spent doing this is absolutely the best value upgrade for a 911 you can get and great fun with it! Congrats Nik on driver of the day! Great to see everyone again and I'm also interested in the drift day... I'll try and get my somewhat wayward rear end sorted in the meantime :)

Morning Gents

Great to see you all again on Saturday and trust you enjoyed the rest of the weekend. Your comments are lovely to read, thank you. Congratulations to Nik for being Driver of the Day and Jon ... well here's your glory moment:

Jon's on Pole

You're the most consistent driver across the car forum community in 2 years :worship: :thumbs:

Let me know when you'd like to look at the group Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling Course. These run all year round, so give me a timeframe and I'll be in touch.

KR
Jo

Thanks Jo :thumbs:

Some time in the spring would be good for the drift day - maybe in the April/May timeframe?

I can do 9/16/23 April

I would prefer 9th to 16th April as I am going to Dinslaken + the Ring Weekend of 1st May.

If I'm too close to that date wise I start to get the look ( :evil: ) and then - "What your doing ANOTHER car thing" - "yes love I am is that a problem!!" :roll:

Great time was had on Saturday - Jon your consistency was epic. Training/coaching was as usual mighty.

My only criticism was the convoy down the M1 at the end was a tad on the sightseeing side. Is that a 993 thing? :D

Mr Pub said:
I can do 9/16/23 April

My only criticism was the convoy down the M1 at the end was a tad on the sightseeing side. Is that a 993 thing? :D

Chris, you said you didn't want to lead and so I was just trying to keep everyone in line. It looked great in my rear view mirror. :floor:

April should be ok with me for the next one.

I just assumed Ian was still running in his shiny new engine and keeping it below 2000rpm ;)

16 April or later for the drift day would be great for me.

Congrats again to Jon! :worship:

23 April is now looking difficult for me, but 16 April is fine. Is it possible to firm up a date?

Looking forward to it.

Nik

NY2011 said:
23 April is now looking difficult for me, but 16 April is fine. Is it possible to firm up a date?

Looking forward to it.

Nik

Hi Nik

The option that looks like I can make work due to circuit availability at Millbrook is Sunday 17th April. Is that possible for you?

What about Mr Pub, Millomboy and jcbaldock?

Let me know at your earliest.

KR
Jo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back