Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Conti Sport Contact 5, any good?

infrasilver

I've been reading recent tyre reviews and Contact 5's have been getting good reviews, I was wondering if anyone has been using them on their 996/997's. Looks like I may be able to get a really good deal on them too so if they are as good as they're being talked about I may change from Contact 3's this time around.

Can't comment on them on a 911 but I have them on my Mercedes and have driven them on a C63 AMG and I thought they were pretty good. Stable in the wet, good lateral grip and felt pretty progressive. My only negative observation is longevity based on reports but mine have done 6.5k on the rear in 7 months and have plenty of life left - mind you, the Mercedes wouldn't pull the skin off rice pudding!!

I was trying to get them when I changed my tyres before Xmas but couldn't find them in the right sizes :-(

One of my work colleagues had some of these fitted on the front of his Audi A4 2.0 turbo and was not impressed. The wore very quickly and he is by no means a heavy footed driver. He's since replaced them with Goodyear and they have been much better.

I wouldn`t run anything other than Michelin on my Porsches, Chris and Pete at Centre Gravity made me stand in the corner when I mentioned "other" tyre brands :sad:

My experience ( 1000 miles ) with Bridgestones on the 911 was not a comfortable one :nooo: ( yet they are great on my Merc ) a completely different car on Michelins, doesn`t try and kill me at every opportunity now :D

Can`t vouch for Conti`s though :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back