Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Cayman 718

Spa 2016

Does anybody have any information on the likely release date? I have spoken to OPC but they were not able to provide any dates but a vague reference to 'later in the year.'

I was expecting to see an announcement at Geneva show but cannot see anything only Boxster 718.

From what I have read engines are going to be 4 cyl turbos as per Boxster, looks like Cayman pricing will below the increased Boxster prices.

As I have only had a short drive in current Cayman I am not sure how the engines will compare. I drove a 991 Gen two in both standard and S and the turbo engines in these were pretty amazing with great torque delivery and no turbo lag.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I was in my local Porsche dealer yesterday and they have yet to announce them. They thought it would happen at Geneva but it hasn't happened yet at least.

They will have the same engines as the Boxster. And will most likely have slightly lower power than the Boxster if they are now meant to be lower priced.

isysman said:
They will have the same engines as the Boxster. And will most likely have slightly lower power than the Boxster if they are now meant to be lower priced.

I don't see why they'll have lower power.

In line with most manufacturers the convertible is now going to cost more than the equivalent hard top but Porsche have achieved this by substantially hiking the price of the Boxster rather than by reducing the price of the Cayman.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't have exactly the same engines with exactly the same power output.

Just going by historical power for Cayman/Boxster. Cayman always had 10/15hp more than the Boxster.

Previously they had MORE (to justify the price uplift over the Boxster) - albeit minuscule and all DME

The unconventional pricing was a quirk of the convertible "version" being the first to market, whilst the coupe was the derivative (vs conventional tin-top to soft-top conversions)

There is absolutely no reason they will have less power now Porsche has rationalised the pricing structure.

The 718s will have the same power (engines)

The price differences, as T8 alluded, will be as per conventional Coupe vs Convertible

You pay more for a moving lid.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back