Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car sickness in Cayman S?

ZigZag

Looking foe other's experiences. I have a 981 Cayman S PDK - IMHO the dogs! I absolutely love it. However, her ladyship, who herself drives a 997 C2S, complains of car-sickness in the Cayman on twisty roads. Now, it may be my driving.....but has anyone else had this experience. I drive the 997 myself and it's not as hard a ride as the Cayman, but in terms of performance it is identical.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Change the car? Change the wife? Both? :?:

I'm borrowing a 981 'S' PDK next week and will be taking my missus for a spin in it.

If she's ok perhaps we can do a swap. It would be a shame for you to lose a perfectly good car :grin:

My missus far preferred the 981S to my car so we're on for the swap.

All I've got to do now is push for custody of the cat. :grin:

My wife had the same car sickness in my Cayman to the point that she never wanted to travel in it. Research at the time put the bumpy ride down to 19 inch wheels and no pasm. Apparently the 17 or 18 inch wheels give a much smoother ride.

In the 997 there are no complaints and a much happier passenger :)

Interesting... my daughters get carsick in smooth riding cars, to the point if they start looking a bit green in our Audi A8 I turn the suspension to a harder mode which makes it better.

Vision out is important... could it be down to a high scuttle in the Cayman making for a more claustrophobic feel?

The girls never get sick in our X5 even though that has a dreadful ride, but vision out is excellent and its very airy inside.

The Boxster & Caymans are best on 18"s for normal use (helps smooth the feedback). Plus it doesn't help being strapped in with limited room & the seats limited back adjustment.

Even the C2 has a lot more feedback on 19's with a 30 side wall rear.
See if your lady drives it and still remains sick.

Sometimes we take the Boxster through France and we're both fine in the passenger seat. Plus it's far better on petrol.

Driving 'smooth' ie gear changes, breaking hard, accelerating fast etc etc can make any passenger feel they're at Alton Towers

:nooo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back