Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A great big thank you to ChrisW at ExelWheels

kurlykris

I`m over the moon with the new GT3 wheels on the 996, supplied, refurbed and fitted with new Michelins by ChrisW @ Exelwheels :thumb:

The car actually feels transformed :D

He`s popped his 19" Carrera loan wheels onto my 987 Boxster S while he refurbs mine :thumbs:

Had a few issues with dodgy threads on the 996 wheel bolts and hubs, but I popped out and bought some taps and dies to remedy the situation and ChrisW is going to supply new wheel bolts when he comes to finish off the Boxster

What a thoroughly lovely bloke :worship:

Cheers matey :thumb:

Chris hiding between the 2 Porschas :

My babies almost kissing :

I`m sure Chris`s photos will do his work more justice than my smartphone piccys :grin:

:worship: :thumbs: :worship:

Thanks Alex, but it is all down to ChrisW really, and maybe a quick wash and polish of the cars after he had left :D

The quality of the refurb is simply stunning, unfortunately the light was failing after my exploits, but will post some close up photos probably tomorrow :grin:

Not you.

The emoticons were for Chris :wack:

Only joking. Everything looks FAB!! Bet it's a real challenge of a decision deciding which car to bob down for a curry.

996 everytime for me..........versus a Vespa or Golf :what:

kurlykris said:
I`m over the moon with the new GT3 wheels on the 996, supplied, refurbed and fitted with new Michelins by ChrisW @ Exelwheels :thumb:

The car actually feels transformed :D

He`s popped his 19" Carrera loan wheels onto my 987 Boxster S while he refurbs mine :thumbs:

Had a few issues with dodgy threads on the 996 wheel bolts and hubs, but I popped out and bought some taps and dies to remedy the situation and ChrisW is going to supply new wheel bolts when he comes to finish off the Boxster

What a thoroughly lovely bloke :worship:

Cheers matey :thumb:

Chris hiding between the 2 Porschas :

My babies almost kissing :

I`m sure Chris`s photos will do his work more justice than my smartphone piccys :grin:

Boxster looks superb with the lobster claws. i love those wheels!!

Jcx said:
Boxster looks superb with the lobster claws. i love those wheels!!

Thanks Jcx :thumb:

I took the Boxster out for a blat tonight, she rides really well on the 19" Lobsters, no where near as harsh as I had imagined, mind you I didn`t turn the PASM on :lol:

Kris - they look great, really lift the car compared to the Turbo Twists and the grey centres provide good contrast.

For the result and Chris W! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Endex said:
Kris - they look great, really lift the car compared to the Turbo Twists and the grey centres provide good contrast.

Thanks Endex :thumb:

These are the wheels she should have left the factory with and not the Original Turbo Twists that she was specced with :nooo:

So finally after 18 years of life, she is wearing the correct shoes to match her dress :D

The Michelins have transformed the car 1000%, she no longer scares the living daylights out of me at speed in a straight line and she behaves beautifully on the twisties when pressing on :lol:

Why on earth she was shod with Bridgestone Potenzas is quite beyond me :nooo:

kurlykris said:
Endex said:

Thanks Endex :thumb:

These are the wheels she should have left the factory with and not the Original Turbo Twists that she was specced with :nooo:

So finally after 18 years of life, she is wearing the correct shoes to match her dress :D

The Michelins have transformed the car 1000%, she no longer scares the living daylights out of me at speed in a straight line and she behaves beautifully on the twisties when pressing on :lol:

Why on earth she was shod with Bridgestone Potenzas is quite beyond me :nooo:

Just the suspenders to sort then...by the other Chris :)

PS Thanks for the comments, the Boxsters are all ready, now all straight & looking spanking.

Chris W said:

PS Thanks for the comments, the Boxsters are all ready, now all straight & looking spanking.

I don`t think she needs her suspenders twanging now Chris, she drives beautifully on the new wheels and tyres, but I`ll book her in at CG just to get her checked over :D

"now all straight & looking spanking" :?:

They weren`t buckled were they ?

kurlykris said:
Chris W said:

I don`t think she needs her suspenders twanging now Chris, she drives beautifully on the new wheels and tyres, but I`ll book her in at CG just to get her checked over :D

"now all straight & looking spanking" :?:

They weren`t buckled were they ?

Just her arsed spanked then!

One of them was flatspotted...all sorted :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back