Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nissan GTR great car

Was remapped I guess.
A Porsche Turbo with remap makes smokes from time to time on hard accelerations

Different cars are good for different things, for steering feel and throttle response the CSL wins every time, driving it over twisty roads is a joy, but for sheer power and speed a modified 996 turbo is hard to beat. My CSL feels closer to my wifes A200 turbo than to the Porsche, it is on another planet.

MC

Awesome car. Very tactile, and mechanical to the touch, but you do need to learn how to drive it. Ignore the naysayers who either have not driven one, or have done so for only a short period of time.

I'm lucky enough to own both a 996turbo and a 2013 GT-R , the GT-R is stage 2 and making around 600bhp although it'll be stage 4.25 soon and running 670 ish . Utterly amazing cars !

My friends got a gtr 900bhp -
GTR is the best fastest car in the world :judge:
Once I over come badge snobbery I'll buy one :bandit:

Do it! I had neither the funds nor the balls to throw 20 bags at my R34 but even as stock (~330 despite the *cough* official figures) it was more than enough to entertain. Back then you could easily see a reliable 600-700 with a fairly modest budget and with an open wallet you could step into 4 figure territory :eek: :grin:

The R35 definitely moved the game on and I'm quite sure a stock one would do for most mere mortals...

chimp911 said:
Do it! I had neither the funds nor the balls to throw 20 bags at my R34 but even as stock (~330 despite the *cough* official figures) it was more than enough to entertain. Back then you could easily see a reliable 600-700 with a fairly modest budget and with an open wallet you could step into 4 figure territory :eek: :grin:

The R35 definitely moved the game on and I'm quite sure a stock one would do for most mere mortals...

I also had an R34 in Bayside blue many years ago , pretty underwhelming performance as standard but we took mine to around 550bhp and it was pretty much perfect for road use. Anything more than that usually meant upgrading engine internals which is usually a step too far for me .

The current R35 will happily run 670bhp on stock blowers now and tuners are pushing them up to around 750bhp with upgraded turbos, that's about the limit of the stock internals . There's plenty of people running well in excess of 1000bhp but you are looking at a £50k+ conversion .

Two up, in the wet , with a full tank of fuel and not using launch control I saw a 0-60 in 4.3s :)

The only real problem with the GT-R is its size and hard ride; down a tight, twisty , bumpy country lane yesterday the Nissan was a proper handful whereas my 996t would have been in its element :)

churny said:
I now put a tin hat on
:) I also drove a 996 turbo, the circuit was tight so not its best place to shine but I honestly believe I could have driven my N/A 996 quicker. They are great cars but do you turbo guys get the roads to enjoy them................

:thumbs:

Most definitely.. Come down South for an early morning Hoon thru forests and countryside roads / lanes and you'll see :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back