Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Saw this at my OPC today...

Osh

Afternoon guys

popped in to my OPC today to sort our some problem keys; while the parts guys were running around trying to fix my problem I had a mouch around the showroom and came across this....

160219-03_zpsnipv7wcn.jpg

Got chatting to the sales guy who pointed out its a Club Coupe and one of just 13 ever made. There's 1 in a Porsche museum and 11 others around the world; this was the only one that came to the UK and the only right hand drive Club Coupe.

160219-04_zpsgxnfx3ss.jpg

The sales guy said that you had to be invited by Porsche to own one of these - even then you were entered into a lottery to see if you'd be the luck one to own one.

160219-02_zpssdhy1lwn.jpg

This car is so rare that its insured for £1/2m....

160219-01_zpsyxhefogv.jpg

He was also telling me that they're all the same colour and all had the cocoa hide interior and that each of the 13 cars made had the opening handle of the glove box engraved with the owners name on it. Sadly the owner of this one, Mike Windsor, passed away a month or so ago...

Apparently Mike had driven this quite regularly - the car has just 6,000 mile on the clock.

Have to say it looked fairly plane yet stunning in its own unique way...

please forgive the poor quality piccies - taken on my smartphone.

Osh

Osh, what price was it up for. rare to see something that limited up for sale anywhere.

Phil 997 said:
Osh, what price was it up for. rare to see something that limited up for sale anywhere.

Hi Phil

not certain that its up for sale. It was just sat there in the showroom

Osh

Here is a little article on them.
http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911/12526/porsche-911-club-coupe-unveiled

£500k sounds like a whole heap of cash for what is basically a special order 991. Ok it was limited by the factory, but its not 'interesting' like an RS or GT car.

A 997 sport classic would seem to be a far more interesting proposition, or even the 991 50th anniversary cars.

Looks like a cunning scheme to part the club blazers from £100k+

They invited me to own it but I turned them down due to unlucky 13 and my previous bad luck with green cars :bandit:

Robertb said:
Here is a little article on them.
http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911/12526/porsche-911-club-coupe-unveiled

£500k sounds like a whole heap of cash for what is basically a special order 991. Ok it was limited by the factory, but its not 'interesting' like an RS or GT car.

A 997 sport classic would seem to be a far more interesting proposition, or even the 991 50th anniversary cars.

Looks like a cunning scheme to part the club blazers from £100k+

Hi Rob

not sure they're asking that much for it - if they're selling it at all (i'll ask tomorrow as i'm picking up my new keys then) they just told me it was insured for £500k... :eek:

Osh

From what I understand they held the car there for him whilst he wasn't using it. I guess it gains a fair bit of kudos for them.

Mike thoroughly enjoyed using the car and even though as mentioned its rare as hens teeth he fully enjoyed driving the car to its full potential. Making it even rarer is the fact of the 13 only 2 are right hand drive.

We spent some time with him and the car in Scotland

I'm understand they are continuing to hold the car for his wife and the ownership is passing onto his son.

Back in 2013 I didn't realise how lucky I was to see two together.

One of them was URX10.

T8 said:
Back in 2013 I didn't realise how lucky I was to see two together.

One of them was URX10.

WOW!!!!

Fantastic photo m8 :worship:

Osh

OK, so there are some plaques, and no-one in their right mind would voluntarily chose that colour scheme, but what is it that can't be replicated from the options list on this car :dont know:

I've only ever seen the one in Museum and it looks great. The Porsche family colour scheme is a nice touch.

I saw this in OPC bristol at least 2 occasions last year. Photos don't do it justice, certainly not a colour combo you would normally aspire towards but it really does look good in the flesh.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back