Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wash & Snow Foam

Jamie© said:
I've given up on snow foam myself as well. You don't have to use a TFR, a citrus pre wash is extremely effective at removing grime and is completely wax safe.

With regards to drying - if you have a decent enough LSP coverage, you can dry your car with the open end of the hose then just pat dry the few remaining beads. Alternatively use a pet dryer if you aren't bothered about looking a tit :)

Just washed mine today with citrus pre-wash first. The first time I used it I cleaned off with my karcher and it worked well but I'm not convinced using pressure washer every time is going to be good for the paintwork so today I washed off with a normal hose and it barely touched the dirt.

Looks like I'll have to stick to pressure washing when I use it.

GP41 said:
Jamie© said:
I've given up on snow foam myself as well. You don't have to use a TFR, a citrus pre wash is extremely effective at removing grime and is completely wax safe.

With regards to drying - if you have a decent enough LSP coverage, you can dry your car with the open end of the hose then just pat dry the few remaining beads. Alternatively use a pet dryer if you aren't bothered about looking a tit :)

Just washed mine today with citrus pre-wash first. The first time I used it I cleaned off with my karcher and it worked well but I'm not convinced using pressure washer every time is going to be good for the paintwork so today I washed off with a normal hose and it barely touched the dirt.

Looks like I'll have to stick to pressure washing when I use it.

It's designed to be used with a pressure washer so that's why it wouldn't have been as effective with a hose. I know what you mean about pressure washers but they are generally safe as long as you don't hold it too close and don't point it directly at the bodywork. In any case they are safer than using a sponge or washmitt on gritty paintwork.

But really you have to just use a wash technique you are comfortable with, as what works for one person may not work for another.

michelin said:
An yes but TFR is that strong it removes any former protection.
You may have spent a good deal of money on this and it's washed away in seconds. :thumb:

Power Maxed TFR. Completely LSP safe. :thumb:

Car was absolutely minging, loads of salt on it, and needed a good wash today

I used the tip above to apply the foam on a dry car, was better for sure
Left it on for about 10 mins, did the wheels with the iron fall out stuff.
I had quite a bit of snow foam left in the bottle and went over a 2nd time

Still needed jet wash then bucket and mitt .

Came up a treat

Slight tangent- but I'm curious. I open the engine lid and lay a piece of plastic sheet underneath it, and then close the lid before I snow foam/wash, and leave it there until I get around to drying the car. Always figured water would get into places it probably shouldn't go. Anyone else do that?!

Pics above look fantastic by the way! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back