Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche PCM 3.0 map update problem at Porsche Centre

calibra1010

Hi I decided to take the plunge and go for a map update on my PCM 3.0 system at my local Porsche dealership. They have attempted to update the maps on Tuesday but not successful (claimed they had old maps) and ordered new dvds and attempted it today (7 attempts) and have been unsuccessful.

They have asked me to return the car back to them on Monday Morning. They are saying that they have a 4 DVD set. DVD1 and 2 have installed okay but on DVD 3 progress gets to 70% and they get a dvd read error.
What is even more worrying is that they have deleted my old maps so my car currently has no maps.

Has any other users here had the same problem on the PCM 3.0 system.
Any advice/experiences would be much appreciated.

i ve just had a problem with a car at a OPC in Yorkshire

I had the PCM repaired by cartronics with a new Processor (£1000) but the unit then needed reprogramming

The OPC completely messed it up,
On a 997 it has to running version 2.42 or above firmware,
the you load the new maps.

they loaded firmware 2.2 so it wouldn't accept the update
they told my customer they had loaded the 7 digit post code search update, but they hadn't

the bluetooth phone kept loosing its memory.

I eventually collected the car from Hull,
took it to exeter,
they diagnosed the fault in 15 minutes

Updated the firmware,
correctly programmed the phone
updated the maps

all for £149

then i spent 3 hours on the train to collect the car
5 hour drive to Hull
then a 9 hour train journey home

All because yorkshire OPC techie didn't have a clue what he was doing!!!

i would suggest they check the firmware version is the right one for the upgrade?

if it still sounds beyond them give me a call with the firmware version and i'll check it out with OPC Exeter who seem to find all the faults on the cars i buy that other OPC don't, and fix them!!!

Hi just checked the version and it's v2.24. What is the latest version for the PCM 3.0. Could this be the reason why it is not updating?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back