Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Turbo S Service Costs

jamiepwood

Hello and happy new year, could anyone give me an idea what the likely service cost of a 991 Turbo S should be? I'm being quoted a ridiculous number by a main dealer for an interim service on a 3500 mile car.

:dont know:

As it's a £145k+ car I suspect that negotiating with the OPC about the number they've quoted is about as good as you'll find.

Care to share what they've quoted. :?:

jamiepwood said:
Thank you. They've quoted £750 ex VAT for the interim.

I'd say that's pretty good.

That's very good. Would you want to take it out of main dealer so early on in its life cycle to save a couple of hundred quid which is probably all you'd save due to less labour charges????

I recently had my interim service done by a main dealer and was £650.

Frankly if it wasn't for the perceived value of the dealer stamp I wouldn't have it done there.

As a comparison, I recently had a major service ( based on time period ) on my 997 turbo S .. ... at OPC Aberdeen ....... thick end of 1400 quid .... big bill but not unexpected ... .......

Terry

I used to have an RS6, and every aspect of service was multiples of £x000's... its all in proportion of the engineering.

I had one warranty repair at £8k and another at £5k, minor stuff, but significant money. Thank god it was in warranty. Cam belt each 40k was £1,500 as an engine out job.

What do you actually get for your £900?

If the price quoted by main dealer (assuming its OPC), then all OPC prices are INCLUSIVE of VAT. So if its £750, that's the price inc VAT.

Indys always quote Exclusive of VAT. It is easy to conclude the prices are cheaper at an Indy due to this difference.

Are the cost higher cos the amount of work done is more or is it because they think you can afford a turbo S that you should pay more. :dont know:

T8 said:
jamiepwood said:
Thank you. They've quoted £750 ex VAT for the interim.

I'd say that's pretty good.

Me too , I paid that on my 997C2 at opc last yr ??

I thought you were going to say 2 grand or something

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back