Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Quick advise pls

Rockunrolla

What's the best sticky N rated tyres I could get ?
Have pzero s on at the moment but finding not very good

Are they N rated ?

Have done about 10K miles on Pirellis and don't really rate them in cooler weather or at the limit. Not predictable in my opinion. At best, would give a 6 out of 10. :what:

The official N rated tyre for a 991.1 19" wheel is the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 only - nothing else. :nooo:

For the 20" wheel, the Pirelli P-Zero and Dunlop Sport Maxx Race are N-rated.

Have expressed my surprise and disgust on many occasions at this limited choice to the service manager at the OPC. The only alternative he gave me was Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s off the GT3, and even these he wouldn't confirm as suitable for use on a C4S. Couldn't even confirm if they are 8mm or 4mm tread depth.

This leaning towards Pirelli is a big mistake by Porsche in my opinion. Michelin Pilot Super Sports should have been homologated years ago, but weren't. :sad:

Obviously, Porsche and Dunlop paid a fee to maintain exclusivity!!

DRZ911 said:
Have done about 10K miles on Pirellis and don't really rate them in cooler weather or at the limit. Not predictable in my opinion. At best, would give a 6 out of 10. :what:

The official N rated tyre for a 991.1 19" wheel is the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 only - nothing else. :nooo:

For the 20" wheel, the Pirelli P-Zero and Dunlop Sport Maxx Race are N-rated.

Have expressed my surprise and disgust on many occasions at this limited choice to the service manager at the OPC. The only alternative he gave me was Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s off the GT3, and even these he wouldn't confirm as suitable for use on a C4S. Couldn't even confirm if they are 8mm or 4mm tread depth.

This leaning towards Pirelli is a big mistake by Porsche in my opinion. Michelin Pilot Super Sports should have been homologated years ago, but weren't. :sad:

Obviously, Porsche and Dunlop paid a fee to maintain exclusivity!!

Mine are 20in ,, and yes ( I've just posted a thread on the mps cup 2s )
Can't seem to find out what tread they have .. May have to dive down to opt and stick a gauge on there new gt3s :?

Rockunrolla said:
Mine are 20in, and yes ( I've just posted a thread on the mps cup 2s )
Can't seem to find out what tread they have .. May have to dive down to opt and stick a gauge on there new gt3s :?

Got a strong feeling the GT3 comes with only 4mm having driven one last weekend and made a point of looking at the tyres.

There is indeed a 8mm tread available, but not clear if this is N-rated.

Michelin do not really help themselves in terms of basic information about the tyres and also availability. :nooo:

N rated pilot sport cup2s come with 5.7mm tread new.

I find the pzeros fine, but I run winters from Nov to April so never used them much in low temps. The cups will me much worse at low temps or in the wet.

The pirellis are cheap and if you chuck them away at 3-4mm they're fine. You can get a full set for around 700 quid, so no biggy to chuck them away at 12-15000 miles. You can stretch 20k out of them if you run them to the legal limit.

Rockunrolla, did the Michelin PSC2 tyres ever arrive yet ?

tyres

i only have a 996 running 19 rims. i cannot fault michelin pilot sport cup 2 tyres but have not checked the rating

DRZ911 said:
Rockunrolla, did the Michelin PSC2 tyres ever arrive yet ?

They were supposed to arrive yesterday but I didn't get the call so I'll be chasing them up Monday
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back