Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

white cars!

marcass

Silverstone
Hi
Im in the middle to researching this forum for advice on getting some detailing products so I wont bore you with hundreds of questions, but many people focus on dark coloured cars. Does anything have any comments on a white car?

thanks
Marcus

Have a white car and had Gtechniq EXO v2 and C1 Crystal applied from new. Car was machine polished first before application.

Even after 20 months, the shine on the car is still amazing. :lol:

Use Gtechniq C2 v3 after every wash as a top-up.

Dodo Juice Diamond White Carnauba Wax is very good and formulated for White Paint. ;)

C.

"Poor Boys white diamond" show glaze is always highly regarded

DRZ911 said:
Have a white car and had Gtechniq EXO v2 and C1 Crystal applied from new. Car was machine polished first before application.

Even after 20 months, the shine on the car is still amazing. :lol:

Use Gtechniq C2 v3 after every wash as a top-up.

+1 To get the best results with gtechniq I would advise getting one of their 'dealer only' applied products (e.g platinum, Crystal Serum) & maintain it with their products. Had Gtechniq platinum applied to my 997 almost a year ago & it still beads very well & paint still feels like silk - you get a five year guarantee & £100 worth of Gtechniq products you will use. it isn't cheap but is worth it. i will def go down the same route when my white 981 Spyder lands in May.

Otherwise I have previously had good results with Zaino products.

thanks for all the feedback and tips, I'm looking into all of them!

Phil 997 said:

Is a glaze a polish or a sealant/wax?
Should I use a polish as well as the white diamond glaze?

marcass said:
Phil 997 said:

Is a glaze a polish or a sealant/wax?
Should I use a polish as well as the white diamond glaze?

Neither. A glaze is a product that will improve the appearance of the paint by "filling" the tiny swirls and scratches on a very short term basis. You would apply a sealant or wax on top of a glaze to lock-in the glaze for a bit longer otherwise it will wash away pretty quickly. It's a bit of a quick fix instead of polishing but a short term one.

A polish will remove the swirls and scratches rather than hide them. Hand polishing is very hard work and pretty ineffective and machine polishing is the way forward to really remove scratches and swirls.

A white car usually hides swirls and scratches pretty well but of course still benefits from machine polishing to bring up the gloss.

Personally I would go for a sealant on a white car to keep it cleaner for longer. Waxes can sometimes have a yellowing effect on white paint and I find waxes to be stickier in warm temperatures causing dust and dirt to stick to them.

Also if you're going shopping for detailing products, it's a good idea to get plenty of tar spot remover with a white car because tar will really show up on that paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back