Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is there a 'best way' to remove masonary dust?

Jamie© said:
I would get yourself some Optimum No Rinse to lift it off the surface myself.

Whatever method you choose, when you have finished can I suggest you get a liberal handful of masonry rubble and sprinkle it in your wife's lingerie drawer paying particular attention to the gusset of her best pair of bills?

Haha, I've sent her this. It's not just me!

Thanks for the input fella's. Every day's a school day. 1st stop Halfords when I get home.

PS The spark was a young pup so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. And not kick his head in when I get home....

Assuming the weather in your part of the world is as bad as it is in Somerset, leave your car out in the rain for a while! That will give it a good rinse off then you can wash it.

I wouldn't bother with the demon shine foam. The product is OK in a proper foam lance but the one it comes with that connects to your hosepipe is useless.

I recently bought some valetpro citrus pre-wash after a recommendation on here and it really is excellent for bringing off heavy grime. Squirt it all over with a standard trigger spray bottle, leave too soak for a bit and hose/lightly pressure wash off. Got it from cleanyourcar in a mahoosive 5 litre container that will probably last me a decade when it's diluted. Citrus-based too so it doesn't take all your wax off.

I recently bought some valetpro citrus pre-wash after a recommendation on here and it really is excellent for bringing off heavy grime. Squirt it all over with a standard trigger spray bottle, leave too soak for a bit and hose/lightly pressure wash off. Got it from cleanyourcar in a mahoosive 5 litre container that will probably last me a decade when it's diluted.

Norfolk & Idea said:
I'm working away for a few weeks and last night learnt from my son my beloved Porsche is covered in dust. The Mrs has had a couple of power points fitted in the garage which entailed hammer drilling etc.
I know masonary dust is mega abrasive so is there an effective way of lifting it without scratching the paintwork? Ta, Paul.

And yes, I'll be getting an indoor cover as soon as I get home.... kin wimin.

How come your wife has access to the garage? Why is she having power points put in? It sounds like it might be doubling as a utility room.

:dont know:

The real question is why she keeps getting the same cack-handed "electrician" round to pop in another couple of extra sockets every time the OP is away :?:

original.jpg

GT4 said:
DO NOT JET WASH AT NORMAL (HIGH) POWER

I would, and I'm extremely fussy with the care of my paint. IMO there is no way that a jet washer will cause any damage in this situation and I would go as far as to say it would be the best option here.

The important thing is to remove the dust without making any contact, whether that is with foam, pressured air, hose pipe or jet wash. I would even use a combination of these just to be sure. A citrus wash won't do any harm but is more suited for road grime and squashed bugs etc.

If there is any dust remaining by the time you touch the car with your wash mit you'll just grind it in so I would be 100% certain it's gone before making any physical contact.

jonboy said:
There not level ...... My eye :sad:

If you kinda cross your eyes and relax your focus you can see a 3D image of a bent-over housewife and an electrician with his screwdriver.

HTH

GT4 said:
jonboy said:
There not level ...... My eye :sad:

If you kinda cross your eyes and relax your focus you can see a 3D image of a bent-over housewife and an electrician with his screwdriver.

HTH

Roger that! (pun intended) But this is kinda wandering off topic.... Hey but whaddabout Cool Hand Luke and the car wash scene??? Yeah... Oh yesss...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back