Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The White C2PDK is sold!

Michelin, that is very kind of you. It's funny but I hate seeing myself on youtube. I think when I did it I thought I would enjoy chatting about my car (which I did), but there are so many mistakes that it makes me itch to see it now...

I want to do another but have found it very difficult to make anything that is good enough. Anyway, I'm glad it gave you some insight into owning a 991, they really are a lot of fun.

Tom

Looks a fantastic car- the best colour imho
I'm waiting for delivery of a 991 GTS in GT silver....I can't wait...
I much prefer the wheels on your car though....I don't particularly like the
black wheels on the GTS models.

MAD!

carkid said:
Looks a fantastic car- the best colour imho
I'm waiting for delivery of a 991 GTS in GT silver....I can't wait...
I much prefer the wheels on your car though....I don't particularly like the
black wheels on the GTS models.

you must be mad, i own a white 911/991 GTS and the wheels finish it off so so wheel, only wheels id go for for it, tho i suppose each to their own, super car the GTS for the price

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder-

I've just never liked black wheels- I think they look a bit chav-
and by all accounts the center lock wheels are a bit of a pain-
That said, I'm extremely excited about taking delivery of the car-
I will tolerate the wheels!

carkid said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder-

I've just never liked black wheels- I think they look a bit chav-
and by all accounts the center lock wheels are a bit of a pain-
That said, I'm extremely excited about taking delivery of the car-
I will tolerate the wheels!

No matter what colour the wheels are I hardly think the turbo wheels could look as u say chav...

Tho I know you'll enjoy the car and the wheels will turn a lot more heads painted the Matt black than silver ones would, only down point is cleaning them, there's a gud paddle u can buy what's foam tho covered in a microfibre cloth it does a good job on them u must say

Ha! As it happens I love the GTS wheels too, but of the normal ones mine are my favourite (because they are one of the only ones that are not diamond cut, (I hate diamond cut wheels).

If anyone knows how to fit centre locks to a C2 I would happily swap my wheels for yours.....

Enjoy the GTS, it will be amazing.

So after a great 12 months with the car, I sold the GT Silver C2 today and picked up a stunning White GTS.

I have the 5mm wheel spacers and 50th Anniversary Rear Engine Cover for sale in the For Sale section if anyone would like to buy them?

Looking forwards to seeing some pics of the new GTS.

Health to enjoy. :lol:

Pics Tom! :thumb:

I'll start a thread shortly but to tide you over....

Attachments

• image_977.jpeg
    image_977.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 3,518
  • image_286.jpeg
    image_286.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 3,518
I like that touch a lot!

Love the journey you have been on and the GTS looks amazing. Would be interested to see if it is better thank your last car and in what ways.

I bought my 991 C2S in white 4 months ago and it is superb in every way (other than not having electric door mirrors which is just crazy for a car of that price and bugs me more than I expected!!).

How have you found chopping and changing in terms of trade in etc? I looked at a 991 Turbo from the same place as I got my 991 from (OPC Swindon) and they offered me £10K less thank I paid after only 10 weeks of ownership which is just crazy!!

Cheers!

Great question, it is outstanding. The jump from the white C2 to the GT Silver C2 was amazing (the SPASM and lack of PSP made a big difference), but the jump to GTS, is outstanding, not as big as you might think, but very much worth the money. The noise and mid range power is the most noticeable (epic) change.

Mirrors, I had the electric folding ones on the GT Silver car and honestly I prefer the Sport Design ones on the GTS by miles! (But I do miss the little lights on the doors on the full electric version).

I have been really lucky with trading up. The depreciation has been very fair and within my budget, 911s keep their value, you need to negotiate hard. Some dealers won't budge if the car is new in stock, has a great spec and is one of the few for sale. (all fair I guess).

Swindon, I have been a customer there for 8 years. There is a salesman, lets call him Mr S, who has always been very fair with me, gone straight to the best deal he can do. So every time I negotiated with him, I bought a car. He got promoted so in recent years, I spoke to another salesman, lets call him Mr J. Mr J works like most car salesman, he starts low and moves slowly towards a deal. This year he moved so slowly I went elsewhere.....

Try calling Will at Tewkesbury. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back