Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Axle stands and jacking points

Johnd52

Hockenheim
Advice please. If I use the jacking points to lift the car, where do I put the axle stands to support the car? I want to take all wheels off, so looking for best approach.

Thanks

Under the axels believe it or not... :eek:

This is the best support option for the average garage and minimises your risk and the faffing about moving stands but you need a compatible jack like a racing jack.
There was a group buy on here a few years ago , shipped from the US. if you search you can find maybe start another

http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/#2703

T

Mine is in the air at the minute - will take a couple of pictures this morning.

911TEL said:
I was one of them ....these stands are top quality and worth the money..... How many cars fall of the stands .... These would stand up to an earthquake I reckon ...

I got a set from the group buy too and am equally happy with them. That they were designed by an American Lawyer gives you some indication of how safely supported a car on them really is. Huge footprint and utterly solid castings. Expensive - yes - but they will last forever and they completely remove any risk of your expensive car ever coming crashing down off of them (which could potentially be on top of you if you were underneath it at the time).

:thumb:

Thanks for the link Bluebird. The photos were exactly what I was looking for.

Johnd52 said:
Thanks for the link Bluebird. The photos were exactly what I was looking for.

Pleased they are helpful for you John. I find this site useful for this type of thing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back