Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911R coming....

911R

Anyone put a deposit down on one ? I have but I doubt I will get one in all honesty.

Lets be honest here - unless you have a 918 or buy at least 4 heavily optioned cars a year it isn't even worth asking the question.

[note lack of smiley]

I wonder whether the guy that took delivery of a 991 GT3RS in November - now for sale at Tonbridge OPC for £274,995 - has got his name down for one. :?:

T8 said:
I wonder whether the guy that took delivery of a 991 GT3RS in November - now for sale at Tonbridge OPC for £274,995 - has got his name down for one. :?:

lol...i've got my name down for one.... 8)

nick w said:
T8 said:

lol...i've got my name down for one.... 8)

..I sent in my letter of intent memo's Feb 2015 for one dealer and March 2015 for the other one.

£10K Deposit so we will see. If it doesn't happen I may move it over to second gen RS if they produce one.

Bigfra said:
£10K Deposit so we will see. If it doesn't happen I may move it over to second gen RS if they produce one.

You do know that you are about 5-6 years late getting in the queue if you want the next RS... Unless you bought a 918 (and didn't flip it for a quick profit) or are your OPC's best customer... :?:

Disco said:
Bigfra said:

You do know that you are about 5-6 years late getting in the queue if you want the next RS... Unless you bought a 918 (and didn't flip it for a quick profit) or are your OPC's best customer... :?:

I'm on my third car that I have bought new. I have a good relationship with all the guys at the OPC and I finance my cars with them as well. As far as I'm concerned I have a pretty decent chance of getting a car. Thanks for you're positive outlook though :?: :grin: :thumb:

Why would you think that I don't stand a chance ?

Bigfra said:
Disco said:
Bigfra said:

I'm on my third car that I have bought new. I have a good relationship with all the guys at the OPC and I finance my cars with them as well. As far as I'm concerned I have a pretty decent chance of getting a car. Thanks for you're positive outlook though :?: :grin: :thumb:

Given your buying history you have a chance for sure, but talking from
a little experience, you need to get your letter of intent in pretty early too..

Good luck :thumb:

nick w said:
Bigfra said:
Disco said:
Bigfra said:

Given your buying history you have a chance for sure, but talking from
a little experience, you need to get your letter of intent in pretty early too..

Good luck :thumb:

Roger that :thumb:

It's all a bit silly isn't it :grin:

Bigfra said:

I've been following all things GT3 for a long time now (since before I bought my first one a decade ago) and since the speculators got into them things have been worse than ever. It all started when they didn't bring enough of the 997.2 RS into the country and loads of previous RS owners were unable to get the new car. The story the other week about the guy who successfully sued his OPC because they promised him a 4 litre RS as first depositor and then gave it to someone else (telling him that the dealer wasn't getting any) adds spice to the saga.

Your relationship with your dealer is now key though - with each one only getting a handful of cars and them essentially able to allocate them to whoever they like, you have to be someone who they would select to give something that will instantly be worth well over list price to. Letters of intent now mean little if too many more profitable customers are beating down the door.

Remember that even people who have no interest in the car will be going straight to their salesman as they are perceived as a free £100k (and to the dealer, someone with no interest in keeping it beyond 6 months before trading it back in to them for a hefty resale premium is actually more use to them than someone who will keep it). That is why the market even for the Cayman GT4 went bonkers.

But do get your intent in anyway, as I honestly do wish you the best of luck in getting one. :thumb:

In short, it is a lot more than a bit silly :hand:

Disco said:
Bigfra said:

I've been following all things GT3 for a long time now (since before I bought my first one a decade ago) and since the speculators got into them things have been worse than ever. It all started when they didn't bring enough of the 997.2 RS into the country and loads of previous RS owners were unable to get the new car. The story the other week about the guy who successfully sued his OPC because they promised him a 4 litre RS as first depositor and then gave it to someone else (telling him that the dealer wasn't getting any) adds spice to the saga.

Your relationship with your dealer is now key though - with each one only getting a handful of cars and them essentially able to allocate them to whoever they like, you have to be someone who they would select to give something that will instantly be worth well over list price to. Letters of intent now mean little if too many more profitable customers are beating down the door.

Remember that even people who have no interest in the car will be going straight to their salesman as they are perceived as a free £100k (and to the dealer, someone with no interest in keeping it beyond 6 months before trading it back in to them for a hefty resale premium is actually more use to them than someone who will keep it). That is why the market even for the Cayman GT4 went bonkers.

But do get your intent in anyway, as I honestly do wish you the best of luck in getting one. :thumb:

I agree and like you I have been following these types of cars now for a long time.

I will keep you updated with any updates I have, I still haven't told the wife I've put the deposit down though :grin:

Bigfra said:
Disco said:
Bigfra said:

I agree and like you I have been following these types of cars now for a long time.

I will keep you updated with any updates I have, I still haven't told the wife I've put the deposit down though :grin:

Lol...that's actually the easy bit. Tell her that 'our savings aren't growing', 'my
pensions are worthless because of our thieving government', so I've taken the
bull by the horns and done the most sensible thing. I'm going to try and put
some money into a limited production, much sought after, and hence over
subscribed Porsche, which will make us both a shed load of tax free cash. :grin:

nick w said:
Bigfra said:
Disco said:
Bigfra said:

Lol...that's actually the easy bit. Tell her that 'our savings aren't growing', 'my
pensions are worthless because of our thieving government', so I've taken the
bull by the horns and done the most sensible thing. I'm going to try and put
some money into a limited production, much sought after, and hence over
subscribed Porsche, which will make us both a shed load of tax free cash. :grin:

Ha, with the amount of money I have lost on cars over the years this will go down well :grin:

Bigfra said:
Ha, with the amount of money I have lost on cars over the years this will go down well :grin:

Doesn't need a smiley though - she ought to be genuinely overjoyed.

Over the last 10 years I've done very well with them.

My first GT3 depreciated £17k in 5.5 years. It was a low miles main dealer car a bit over a year old when I bought it, so at the time it should have lost almost as much as it was possible to lose. However, it turned out to be about the slowest depreciating car you could buy back then and in the end a new Mondeo would have lost me more actual cash in that time. That is the potential worst case scenario.

The current one has gone up by around £30k from what I paid at the bottom of the market - leaving me well in profit for capital expenditure as a long term investment.

Consequently there is robust long term evidence that owning a piece of collectible Pork is very financially sensible - even if you buy them young or new. It isn't even man-maths.

Just don't tell her about the difference in ownership costs once you start taking it to racing circuits all over Europe to track it and you will be golden... 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back