Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any news on the 991.2 GTS?

fiberoptic

As per title. Wondering if anyone heard whether it will be N/A or turbo charged yet?

findtom said:
I'm sure that somewhere I read that the GT cars will not be turbo. Is the GTS a true GT car??

You are still deep into supposition there though. There is still a reasonable chance that the next GT3 will actually be a GT2... :?:

As for the GTS though - no reason to expect it to be anything other than a powerkitted S to my mind. It won't have the engine from the GT3/RS due to the associated cost issue and I can't imagine them continuing with an unblown 9A1 that would likely leave it slower than the S...

I've had it on good authority that it will be turbo as per Carrera. 👍

991.1 GTS the last N/A GTS👌

So, internet figures aside...

Is a 991.2S at 420hp faster than a GTS with 430hp?

It'd guess there isn't much in it....... but the torque from the turbos will make a difference for everyday drving?

Logic would suggest that a new GTS would need to be turbo as per the 991.2 just to deliver the performance upgrade over the Carrera S. If they tried doing this using the current n/a GT3 engine they would be cannibalising their GT car market.
Personally I can't see the GTS being anything other than a slightly tweaked Carrera S just as it was in the 991.1

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back