Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

918 v LaFerrari v P1 drag race 0-186 (now with Chris Harris)

Awesome. Some fantastic parts to that Harris piece. Restored my faith in supercars. I'd started to go off them a bit lately. There are so many video on You Tube these days full of this type of ugliness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xFFqXZ85o

When I was growing up there was no You Tube so super cars were like unicorns. Mystical, never seen in the real world, just magical otherworldly creations. There were no owners, just factory PR pictures or beautiful car magazine images (which were extremely rare i themselves. You might get a Lamborghini full on article once a year). Now, in certain places, they're everywhere and always existing for what seems like the sole purpose of obnoxious ostentatious arse-holeness.
No matter how brilliant the engineering minds behind them and the passion exerted on every component and design element, their real function gets reduced to city centre crudeness. Mainly because of the crass exhausts. Hair raising and profoundly emotive on a deserted road or a track. Stupid and offensive in cities. It's just ridiculous. And it doesn't have to be that way. They could just as easily be made quiet until you hit a hundred or something like that.
What's my vote on the three. For me it has to be the Ferrari. All three are basically for all intents and purposes even matched but the Porsche is a little bland and the F1 a bit Playstation. The Ferrari to my eyes and I've never seen one in real like looks just as purposeful and exotic as the other two but has a beauty and a serene class about the styling proportions and details.
But I'd swap my kids for any of the three.

A fantastic post that perfectly describes my thoughts and views on the modern supercar/hypercar era :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back