Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

VIDEO: My First Porsche 991 GT3

So what people are saying is if you have a Ferrari you can't be excited if you buy a Porsche because it's less expensive?

So here CH drives two Ferraris, he seems very excited, but they are not his cars and he owns a channel where he makes money. False excitement?

Shme collects his new GT4, but he owns a McLaren 675 LT and a Ferrari FF. And he makes money from his channel. False excitement?

By the same logic but on a smaller scale, I shouldn't have been excited when I collected my Boxster recently because I own a 911 Turbo. I can tell you, that I was very excited. And even though I have my 911 I am still smiling broadly every time I drive my Boxster. Furthermore having owned Boxsters before, I suspected the Boxster wouldn't be so rewarding to drive because of it but I was very much mistaken.

This fella bought his first Porsche, and he was looking for one with the right spec for some time. He's excited to get it because he's a petrolhead like us.

And if I could make money from my upgrade thread I would!

Unless you can actually articulate the cars features in a meaningful way then it comes accross like some sort of vanity project. Best left to the professionals perhaps.

Senoj said:
Unless you can actually articulate the cars features in a meaningful way then it comes accross like some sort of vanity project. Best left to the professionals perhaps.

Are you suggesting that no-one should post a youtube video of themselves enjoying their car unless they are a professional journalist?

That's how I'm reading this...

isysman said:
So what people are saying is if you have a Ferrari you can't be excited if you buy a Porsche because it's less expensive?

So here CH drives two Ferraris, he seems very excited, but they are not his cars and he owns a channel where he makes money. False excitement?

Shme collects his new GT4, but he owns a McLaren 675 LT and a Ferrari FF. And he makes money from his channel. False excitement?

By the same logic but on a smaller scale, I shouldn't have been excited when I collected my Boxster recently because I own a 911 Turbo. I can tell you, that I was very excited. And even though I have my 911 I am still smiling broadly every time I drive my Boxster. Furthermore having owned Boxsters before, I suspected the Boxster wouldn't be so rewarding to drive because of it but I was very much mistaken.

This fella bought his first Porsche, and he was looking for one with the right spec for some time. He's excited to get it because he's a petrolhead like us.

And if I could make money from my upgrade thread I would!

Your really defending him quite vigouresly, are you friends in the real world?

As has been mentioned its just a vanity project, nothing of substance about the cars in any of his stuff, it's all just photos , excitement and look at me, I'm really cool. He's speaks well on camera and if he had the ability to convey the cars characteristics it would be a different story, like this chap who does a great job and if you like car videos then this guy is worth watching.

http://youtu.be/H7EYoqggEM4

To be fair to JWW if it wasn't for all the egotistical guff he would be cool as *****, he just needs to learn a bit of modesty, give him 10 years and he'll cringe at some of the stuff that's come out of his mouth.

It's all epic and insane ,check me out guys stuff, next he'll be saying the new GT3 is just sick!!!

I think this picture from his blog sums it up for me and if he does post anymore this is the sort of thing to expect or more links to his new video.

image_zpsxmlcc1sk.jpeg

Next you'll be telling me that positioning your Ferrari key in to the taster menu on your dads birthday lunch and getting some photos to post on the Internet for others to see is perfectly normal and tasteful?
:?:

Honestly, this guy posts an innocuous video about his car collection, and he
gets a load of character assassination type responses....

If I was a newbie, seeing how's he's been treated, I wouldn't ever bother
raising my head above the parapet. :evil:

Love the car........so he makes money from YouTube clips; tell me more! :?:

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :help: :starwars: :wtf: :cheers:

No I don't know him, never met him.

I'm answering your critisms with a bit of logic. Your main gripe is he's making money from his videos. If he wasn't you'd have a different opinion. He's only been doing it for a few months so it's clear he was very wealthy before. I think people may have an issue with the fact he's wealthy, has a fleet of nice cars and is not apologetic about it. That's a very British thing.

isysman said:

I'm answering your critisms with a bit of logic. Your main gripe is he's making money from his videos. If he wasn't you'd have a different opinion. He's only been doing it for a few months so it's clear he was very wealthy before. I think people may have an issue with the fact he's wealthy, has a fleet of nice cars and is not apologetic about it. That's a very British thing.

Isys, He replied originally in a post on here 3rd Jan with no attached video that the car had been unsold for ages because in his opinion he had looked at it but it hadn't got the front axel lift system fitted. has he now had it retro fitted or did he decide that it didn't need it. He clearly has been considering a GT3 for a while and I hope he's enjoying it. :thumb:

Cedric, welcome to this forum and congratulations on the new car.

I went right through the thread and the video and back to the initial post because I wanted to say something like "and after a week does it still make you fizz/smirk/whoop for joy?". The thread is not yet a week old so I can't do that.

Let me try this one instead: do you listen to the dash-mounted entertainment system or to the orchestra under the back?

Whatever we share here it is the shared pleasure of owning/driving a 911 in whatever iteration. Of course we can be quite biased in favour of our air cooled / turbo / GT / RS / whatever.

Like every web forum reaction times are slower and noises can last longer than they would if we were all in the pub interacting noisily.

"I'm sure Russ raised his eyebrows and rolled his eyes when the film crew rocked up in the Vogue? "

Well I should think words like "excellent customer bought an expensive car", "excellent publicity for JZM", "let's make every customer happy, not just this guy" flitted across the little grey cells.

Enjoy the Porsche experience Cedric and may it long make you smile.

isysman said:

No my main issue is that the video was an egotistical, self indulgent film that really told us nothing except a 991 GT3 is insane,epic or whatever other teenage buzzwords he used i mean for gods sake he even said it was a whole new thing (hence my Chris Harris comment in the 1st post).

So it's not envy we've just all got different views on how to behave, and we already know he is the type to leave the Ferrari keys on the table at dinner don't we as we've seen the photo.

Other than that i mentioned he was here was to post a link to his channel
which if I thought the channel was any good or he might bring something other than guff to the forum then I wouldn't have had a moan, heck i even posted two links up of two other youtuber's who show how it should be done in my opinion, and hey opinions are like *****, we've all got one.

If TheGetawayer came on I'd be over the moon.

So thats it on this for me,you like his style of video and I don't, thats it really, you watch them and I won't again.

And off topic,isn't it amazing how different people can see the same thing so differently???

What did you think of Thegetawayer out of interest?

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Well that's exactly it. From the point of view of the video, you can watch it or not. On the other hand if you were at an event and Chris Harris and the getawayer and anyone else you care to compare this guy to, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't tell him the things you've told him on here.

That's what my point is, like his videos or not, you wouldn't say those things to him, but he comes on here and people are just rude. In the real world you would decide not to speak to him or more likely be polite and then say to others after he left you didn't like him. But in Internet world people feel free to be rude.

No I'd tell him to calm down a bit in real life as well, my kids are always telling me off for being too blunt.

Not a good character trait sometimes granted, but at least you know where you stand with me, I'm not what you would call false.

Additionally it has been brought to my attention that I'm not his target market so it's no surprise I don't like it.

Anyway i said that was it for me and you've drawn me back in so I'm disappointed with myself.

That's definitely it for me, no hard feelings to you at all and if we ever meet in the real world I'll buy you a beer/coffee/tea.

:cheers:

Congrats on the car and I hope you enjoy it.

I would have made a video of me collecting my GT3 but until the last minute I was unsure if my fat arse would fit in the seats :D :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back