Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Friend wants to use my 911 - how best to insure?

Gav171073

A good pal of mine is thinking of buying a 911 and I'm happy to let him use mine. Any idea how best to arrange Insurance cover? Do I just add him as a named driver, or should he try and see if he can get Insurance on it independently even though he is not the owner?

Any ideas appreciated.

Gav171073 said:
A good pal of mine is thinking of buying a 911 and I'm happy to let him use mine. Any idea how best to arrange Insurance cover? Do I just add him as a named driver, or should he try and see if he can get Insurance on it independently even though he is not the owner?

Any ideas appreciated.
Gav he should be able to change his own ins. to cover as a loan car for a day or so, and just get him to sign over his wife and kids as collateral just in case he bends your P&J :grin:

Appreciated Phil....thank you.

You might find its quite cheap to add them as a named driver. Did that for my Boxster.

Chris.

He must be one hell of a friend? I've let my mates drive mine occasionally with me in the pax seat, but there is no way I would let anyone take the car without me, period.

Call me square, or precious or whatever you like, but most people aren't used to driving a 6-700bhp rear engined car!

ragpicker said:
He must be one hell of a friend? I've let my mates drive mine occasionally with me in the pax seat, but there is no way I would let anyone take the car without me, period.

Call me square, or precious or whatever you like, but most people aren't used to driving a 6-700bhp rear engined car!

LOL YES Gav Don't show him where the sport functions are. :lol:

6-700hp? Mine only has (or had when it left the factory) 355.

Known him for 25 years and if he broke it he'd fix it.

Gav171073 said:

:floor: those modified turbo boys forget we ordinary people are happy if we get near 400 with mods lol :hand:

Name him on your policy. Easiest and cleanest way

Phil 997 said:
Gav171073 said:

:floor: those modified turbo boys forget we ordinary people are happy if we get near 400 with mods lol :hand:

:floor: sorry! I didn't mean it in a willy waving manner!

But you get what I'm saying. I'm just very possessive i think... It's a bit like lending your wife to your mate as long as he paid for any subsequent medical treatment needed...

Or not.

:coat:

arry said:
Name him on your policy. Easiest and cleanest way
Can this be done on a fully comp basis?

~ Maxie :?:

The policy coverage remains the same; just the persons entitled to drive changes

If he's insured with Adrian Flux then they have a Flexdrive thing where you pay £20 and are fully comp on anyone else's car (as long as they're insured themselves of course). Other insurers might do something similar so get him to check with his insurer.

Or if you're confident that he won't crash your car then generally most policies cover third party on other cars.

ragpicker said:

Loads of people drive mine !!!

"If you bend it, you mend it" always works for me and my friends.

We swap all sorts of stuff. Gentleman's agreement and all that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back