Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne suspension issues, weaving across road at speed.

mattysupra

Cayenne suspension issues, weaving across road at speed.

Wonder if someone can shed some light on my issue. Cayenne Turbo S (2010) 550BHP model.

While driving on the autobahn my cayeene will pull left and right between 86 and 89 MPH. It only does this within this speed band. If you drive at 85 or say 90 mph its fine. Also you can feel and see the suspension sending the ride height up and down but only on one side at a time. Hence if the suspension drops to the right the car pulls to the right and then when it lifts the right hand side up again it will lower the left hand side and send the car pulling hard to the left. It feels like you driving in heavy cross winds.

Lucky the car still has 2 years warranty left so is with Porsche at the moment. But they are a little stumped and due to it only does this at 86-89mph they cant test drive the car at these speeds in the U.K. The car is showing no faults.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I should also add that it will randomly move around while sat in traffic. It dont do it all the time but sometimes i will be sat in traffic and the suspension will be going up and down . Its when it does this, that if i was to drive at 86-89 it will play up badly . If its in a good mood and is not going up and down in traffic it tends to be a a lot better between 86-89 with only minor pulling left and right. You would probably blame the road camber if you had not experienced what its like when it decides to really play up.

A pretty unusual fault thats for sure !

The suspension control unit needs to see a switch input or a speed input to alter height.Doing it on its own means it must either have some sort of wireing short or a suspension control unit fault.

Speed input is to lower the car at heigher speeds but i think its lower than 88mph.

The control unit is normally fitted o/s/r where the cd player is located (depends on year though) it may well have water ingress.

Its a good job you have warrenty as unless theres any obvious fault codes then they may well spend some time fixing it.

thankyou for the reply.

Porsche cant find a fault. They have drove it around a fair bit as used half a tank of fuel. They did phone me to ask permission. They took it out on 3 separate drives throughout 2 days trying to make the fault happen but the car drove perfect.

I have also done 100 miles in it since having it back and it has drove perfect for me also. In fact it drives a lot better, just feels tighter, smoother and "new" again if that makes sense.

What they said they did was drain the oil in the suspension system and recharge along with ECU reset and calibration.

It seems this has fixed what ever the issue was.

A calibration and probably a vehicle hand over which is kind of a software reset may well have fixed it , they may well have unplugged a few connections while testing and refitted .. that can also fix problams .. small resistances can cause faults.

Either way im glad its fixed :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back