Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential daily driver, lots of miles :) (Now Actual Driver)

Indeed have considered that in the past... The desire is simply to have one vehicle so can have fun on tap whenever and wherever on the commute given the miles. The 6 GC is an awesome balance of life, yes it's down on power and dynamics of course, but there is enough there to put a smile on your face and the interior and tech is one of the best on the market.

It may work out best to ditch the allowance, but that's probably a short term decision I'd regret, but the holy grail for the last 15 years has been the fuel card, as its work and private mileage, massively for the RS6, as my private mileage was rather large and that was one thirsty beast of yesteryear technology, it would not make sense to lose both aspects for the long term future...

I run my 991 alongside the wife's golf r and do about 18k a year combined in the 2. Wife does 2-3k.
Buying the 991 lightly used has allowed me to run the pair for about 900 a month and being honest, the golf is my choice for longer motorway stints, and is quite a laugh as well.
Looking at your numbers, you're nearer to £1500 a month for just the one.

Cheers, hopefully at the weekend will get some time to do a bit of research on options and deals.

Have made an offer. :thumb:

How did it go? Did you get it in the end and whats the daily drive like ?

Am still in the 6 series at present... Struggled to get a meaningful response and never did receive a proposed deal. Was directed to finance configurator, which wasn't working on the porsche website the week I was trying to get figures established. I received one email of a configurator print out PDF.

I intend to go to a couple of dealers to get a rounded idea of what is practical and realistic.

Just do it, life's too short to ponce about with compromises. Get it bought, drive the wheels off it, end enjoy every mile. Yes, it's going to depreciate like a bst'd, but what isn't?. 911's are very special, in a way that Beemers and Audi's are not. Let us know how you get on.

I don't disagree! The challenge is that I couldn't even get a quote from the dealer on a deal for my car etc. Plan to go to a dealer next week.

Reckon I've concluded my spec:

911 Carrera £76,412
Price for Equipment £13,762
Total Price £90,174

Sapphire Blue Metallic £801
Black / Luxor Beige two-tone leather interior £405
911 badge £0
Porsche Entry & Drive £744
ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera £1,085
Privacy glass (rear side windows and rear window) £372
Fuel filler cap with Aluminium look finish Exclusive £89
PDK £2,388
Sport Chrono Package £1,416
20-inch Carrera S wheels £97
Wheels painted in satin platinum £689
Cruise control £219
Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor £372
Light design package £300
Heated multifunction steering wheel £315
Fully electric Sports seats (14-way, electric) £1,538
Seat heating £320
Floor mats £122
Passenger footwell storage net £0
Porsche Crest embossed on headrests £138
Brushed aluminium interior package £515
BOSE® Surround Sound-System £963

Just need to find a dealer that will give me 50% discount and 0% ;)

@ Tom... I have sent Will a note.

I just sent it to their general email address and marked it for his attention... PM me if you have his email address or surname. Cheers...

Quick question... does the vehicle tracking system come with the car including subscription? or do you have to pay the subscription separately?

Separately, but..... This yet I asked my insurer what the cost difference to insure me would be without the tracker. It's £30 or £200 per year for the subscription.

Our you could make it part of a deal.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back